Please tell me

Goldenstar

Visit site
Please tell me that I don't need a project horse .
I am now down to four at home one away on loan .
A month ago I was saying how great it was like doing them part time then somehow I started looking at projects over there and on FB and I have seen a really ideal looking one that would be fun for FYF ( fit young friend ) and me to play about with .
Just tell me to stop.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
This is the wrong forum to come on to expect folk to tell you to not to take on a project horse!

You and FYF have a lot of expertise bewtween you. Just don't get anything too nutty, as you don't want to get injured. There's lots out there that just need a bit of help to be put back on the right path. Keep looking, I say..

CMcC

Visit site
I know how you feel. Am going to have an empty stable at the end of the month. Starting thinking what I need is a nice, older Connie mare - just because I can.

Am going to order as much hay as possible for the winter to fill the empty stable before I do something silly! But I might just look at the ads first!

Antw23uk

Visit site
You are in the wrooooonnngggggg place for that question to be answered sensibly ;) I have two at home and kept wanting a little driving pony but keeping two in ridden work is hard enough so I know sensibly now is not the right time for a driving pony no matter how cute they look! Dont do it blah blah do it blah blah ;)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Well you lot are no good you are as bad as FYF when I said it's such a shame it's not in month when monarch have done the stables ( I have only three stables ATM as the barn is having a major make over ) I thought this was an excellent way to put me off .
What did FYF say oh it would be great just to give it turnout time here before we try to get it into work .

Antw23uk

Visit site
Well you lot are no good you are as bad as FYF when I said it's such a shame it's not in month when monarch have done the stables ( I have only three stables ATM as the barn is having a major make over ) I thought this was an excellent way to put me off .
What did FYF say oh it would be great just to give it turnout time here before we try to get it into work .

You is dooomed .. go get it and worry about everything else later, we want pics as well :)

ihatework

Visit site
I am currently not the right person to have this conversation with!
My philosophy is buy the good types when they present themselves, because for sure you can't find them when you are looking!

chipbutty

Visit site
My philosophy is buy the good types when they present themselves, because for sure you can't find them when you are looking!

absolutely this ^^^

Horses have a way of finding us,if you've found something go for it. FYF has the right idea, turnout at the minute is fine.

I saw the monarch stand at Burghley, LOVED the new powder coated stables, tell me your having them, that extra bit of sparkle looks fab

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

That's a very good philosophy, and very true.
If you've got the time and space and you like the horse.....let's face it, you were looking at ads for a reason

Goldenstar

Visit site
absolutely this ^^^

Horses have a way of finding us,if you've found something go for it. FYF has the right idea, turnout at the minute is fine.

I saw the monarch stand at Burghley, LOVED the new powder coated stables, tell me your having them, that extra bit of sparkle looks fab

No I am not when you choose they show you pictures of what happens when you get a horse who scraps his teeth on them .
I just loved them but common sense prevailed .
I have always wanted some lovely stables .
I do feel I am getting this place ready for its next owner to love .

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
True I am not sure why I am looking tbh .

I'm not sure why I went to the auctions a month ago and registered as a buyer (in my head I didn't take the lorry so wasn't going to buy anything), and definitely not sure why I raised my hand on an undersized, scared scrap of a creature. Sometimes we just decide we want something before we work out why. I have to say that I I quite enjoy embracing going with my gut though

spacefaer

Visit site
I've just had a sort out - Sold 2 so we have 5 horses, 5 stables. Sorted

Friend sent me pics of a fabulous 4 yr old on Sat night. It may have been vetted on Monday and it may be on the ferry tonight.....

What we like is so hard to find - very few people are breeding what I like......

I kept saying, "but I don't want a 4 yr old" and "I don't want another horse" but it didn't seem to sink in at all......

Chuffy99

Visit site
I'm about to go down to 2 from 3, next May I'm going down to nil, thought I might turn the barn/stables into a cattery. Don't do it, going to be 3 ft of snow this winter!