Please wish me luck....

BFG

Visit site
I got made redundant last Monday :( but had to work the 2 weeks consultation period. I work part and another lady works the other half of the shift so I work either 8.30 - 1.05 or 12.55 - 5.30 they are making us both redundant but have said there is another position doing exactly the same job but working 10.00 - 3.00, however there is only one position and we both have to be interviewed for it.

I have been here 8 years and am completely gutted i don’t know which one of us will get the job.

I have my interview today at about 1.30pm so please wish me luck, I don’t normally get nervous for interviews but i am really scared of this one.

I feel sick.

Clueless

Visit site
My fingers will be crossed for you today - its a very tricky world out there now... best of luck, and just remember to breathe, smiling would be good too!
Hope for an update later!

Iceni

Visit site
Poor BFG, don't feel sick, but reassure yourself you are the best person for this job and go in there with as much confidence and as bigger smile as you can muster ;)! Awful when these things happen, so wish you the very best of luck. Go get them!

Sarajane

Visit site
What a horrible situation to be in. Rescue Remedy, deep breaths and lots of luck. As you know what the job entails you can make sure you emphasize the qualities that make you the right person.

Pebbles

Visit site
Wishing you loads of luck and good vibes, try and remain confident in yourself and your abilities, you obviously know the job inside out and have a proven track record so should be very valuable to the company. They have to go through this procedure which is tough for you all. Let us know how you get on! x

BFG

Visit site
I will stay positive and i know i am the best person for the job I also believe they have already made there decision but have to go through the procedure.

My main concern is that although i have been here longer than the other lady i have just come back from a month off sick with a damaged ankle so just hope that doesn’t go against me.

I will update you all tomorrow because i won’t be near a PC till then.

BFG

Visit site
When i heard i was getting made redundant i started sending my CV off and i have just had a call to go for an interview at 3pm tomorrow.

Now i am really excited.:D

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Brilliant - I was just scrolling down to say see if you can get some applications fired off as that will give you a boost. :D

Good luck - oh and you might as well go for the other interview anyway:)

ps, It's a bit difficult to know whether telling them you have another interview is a positive or a negative in this situation. I think if I were in your shoes I'd be inclined to keep it under my hat!

BFG

Visit site
Brilliant - I was just scrolling down to say see if you can get some applications fired off as that will give you a boost. :D

Good luck - oh and you might as well go for the other interview anyway:)

ps, It's a bit difficult to know whether telling them you have another interview is a positive or a negative in this situation. I think if I were in your shoes I'd be inclined to keep it under my hat!

Absolutely i wont be telling anyone at work, I want them to think i am completely dependant on this job.

However, I really like the sound of the other job it is a bigger challenge, a more stable company and more money......

goneshowjumping

Visit site
good luck with this, i have just had similar happen in my company, and we went down to redunancy scoring which is how it was done and I jkept my job as I scored more for length of service, so with a horse and 2 kids to feed i was moer than grateful!

fingers crossed for you and just make sure you shine in the interview, which im sure you will!!

good luck and let us know what happens xxx

BFG

Visit site
Interview went well, but you never can tell. They said would let us know at the latest today so i am sat at work waiting and jumping every time the phone rings.....

I feel sick:(

On the plus side i still have my other interview at 3pm today.:D