Pls recommend some supportive boots for fetlock for jumping.

clairencappelli

Visit site
My horse sustained an injury to her fetlock 16 months ago and i am now beginning to jump her a little bit. Currently ride in equilibrium stretch and flex wraps which are great but need to be more supportive.

I want a pair of boots that offer support to her fetlock all the way around in pastern that her legs wont get stupidly hot in.

Horse is a find 16.2 tb with slender /long legs and takes cob size ish.

Any suggestions?

clairencappelli

Visit site

RachelB

Visit site
IMO you won't find anything on the market at the moment much more supportive than well-applied bandages. Honestly though you can't protect the inside of the horse's legs with bandages, but I know it would make me feel better by using them anyway
smile.gif

clairencappelli

Visit site
I cant support the part i need to by bandaging as its low down and the position makes it awkward.

Its not so much the soft tissues its the palmer pouch of the fetlock ( she hyper extended it in the field and smashed up all the cartledge ).

I know what when my knee is bad and i strap it up in a support i am able to much more with it that without so figure it has to be similar for them.

I have been looking at the kevlar premier exuine sport boots and they look great and i have the sports boots but these have extra support for fetlocks so think i will get some of those.

hellybelly6

Visit site
I had a pair of those sports boots from eskadron, trouble was they were too small.

I now use the equilibrium wraps which go under the fetlock for Jake's split tendon and torn fetlock cartilage.

RachelB

Visit site
If you can buy a SMB-type boot that will "cover" the area, then you will be able to bandage far enough down if you need to. I loathe SMBs though ('nuff said)
smile.gif

clairencappelli

Visit site
To bandage under the fetlock and part way down the partern and get it snug enought not to move the vet agrees is going to much less effective than a boot deisgned for fetlock fit nd support. We did try but im not keen on badgaing anyway persoanlly so prefur boots.

I love my equilibrium boots but they arent man enought for jumping and going out in really.

I have been online for hours and i have drawn up my short list but think i may stick with the premier equine boots with the double layer around the fetlock.

Spyda

Visit site
Professionals Choice Elite boots. Reduce leg stress by up to 26%. I've just bought a pair from Robinsons for £65 + P&P.

But, also bought a couple of pairs from web site in USA.

Professional's Choice Elite Sports Medicine Boot: Closeout
SMB Elite Front Medium: Burgundy
Sku: SMBEFM-BUR
URL: https://www.discounthorse.com/show_product/501216
Unit Price: $39.99
Quantity: 2

Yep, for $39.99 dollars per PAIR!!!!!! Unfortunately they will only deliver to addresses within US or Canada but luckily for me I come from US so have relatives who'll mail them on to me. What a bargain, eh? And goes to show how much MORE we have to pay in UK
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Ridiculous price hike for us here, even though the ones I found were reduced.