Plumber for stable - Tayside

Chappie

Visit site
I need to get a drinker fitted in a stable (which is on a livery yard; I'm not the YO) and don't know where to find a plumber that would be ok working with stables/agricultural-type plumbing systems?
Maybe I'm being silly, but don't feel looking up the local trusted traders website is the way to go about this?! As they will be used to domestic plumbing? Unfortunately don't personally (eg. through friends) know anyone who could do it either.
It might be a difficult job as the current drinker is leaking - in replacing the drinker I'm hoping it will overhaul the whole connection for this stable.
How does anyone go about finding tradesmen that will do this type of light agricultural stuff? I'm in Tayside area.
TIA if you can advise! :)

gina2201

Visit site
I'd imagine they coulddo it as the ball cock acts the same as toilet cistern to switch the water 'off' or mine do at least.
My bf did ours and he's no plumber so I'm pretty sure a plumber could do it if explained what you need and at what height etc.

Chappie

Visit site
Thank you both for replying.
That's a good idea about the agri merchants - I've done loads of Googling for 'agricultural plumbers' and can't find what I need - TBH the nearest agri store is a fair bit away but I'm getting desperate to get this sorted - I may try giving them a phone this week and see if they can recommend someone.
The other idea I had is to put a wanted ad in the tradesmen section of my local Gumtree and see if anyone responds! It may well be an easy enough job but defo needs a professional to take a look.

missmatch

Visit site
My husband is a plumber and he said the set up at a stables wouldn’t be much different to that in a house/outdoors area. It wouldn’t be considered a commercial plumbing job and you should be able to use any qualified plumber. Facebook local pages seem to be a good way to get recommendations as I see others posting on our local one.

Chappie

Visit site
Thank you, that is very useful to know - will have a look on Facebook and hopefully get someone to come out this week!

Chappie

Visit site
I've found someone to come out to look at the drinker at the end of the week! I recommend a website called mybuilder.com - you can write a little about your job and the details are sent out to lists of local tradesmen, who then contact you via email to arrange a visit. It's great! The guy who is coming has apparently fitted stable drinkers before, so fingers crossed it will be dealt with soon.
Thanks to all for offering advice :)