Pm me for price poa aargh

sasquatch

Visit site
I'll possibly have to sell my boy next year, whilst he is worth much to me, he's probably not worth very much for what he is as he doesn't have a competition record and he's a bit different - but to someone who gets him he is absolutely worth his weight in gold.

He will most definitely be for sale for under 2K - but I'm worried such a low price tag with an 'older' cob will attract dreamers/novices/beginners/people who think they can resell him for more money as he will jump quite big (not that I've done big courses with him!) and he's a nice looking horse who is nice and forward off your leg, even if he doesn't go round in an outline (which he is learning to do - slowly, surely but correctly)

He needs a home where he will be kept and loved if I can't keep him, I'm tempted to put POA just to try and ward off anyone after a bargain or who would see a cheap 16/17yo cob and assume he is bombproof/novice safe - he doesn't need a brilliant rider, just someone confident! I would love to keep him, but it depends on what is happening with uni next year. If he was to go up for sale at what he is probably worth due to his age/awkwardness I can imagine I would get lots of dreamers, lots of people wanting him for cheaper, dealers and time wasters/people looking for something he isn't.

So it is interesting reading this thread, it leaves a dilemma as I'm sure many members on H&H would enjoy a horse like him, who's a decent all-rounder that will give anything a go, but would ignore an ad with him if he was a POA horse.

Holding

Visit site
Sasquatch - I would always look at the horse in question and take that into account. So while I wouldn't respond to a POA ad for, say, a 4 year old GP dressage prospect, I would have no qualms about contacting the owner of an older cob - common sense dictates that the price is not going to be extortionate, so I wouldn't worry about it.

PrancingPoniesxx

Visit site
It's annoying for me at the moment because I'm trying the get an idea of what the sort of pony I want costs and when they pm me the price if gets awkward because when they ask me 1000 questions I have tthink reply with just looking around. I get scaled a time waster alot😂😂

VikingSong

Visit site
How something appears in a photo is not necessarily how it might be in real life, particularly if the vendor has been more than a little economical with the truth in the advert.

If I go to view something with the intention of buying and find it isn't as described or suitable, then I'm not going to buy it. I resent the fact that I would be seen as a "time waster" when it's actually my time (and petrol) that's been wasted.

chased by bees

Visit site
How something appears in a photo is not necessarily how it might be in real life, particularly if the vendor has been more than a little economical with the truth in the advert.

If I go to view something with the intention of buying and find it isn't as described or suitable, then I'm not going to buy it. I resent the fact that I would be seen as a "time waster" when it's actually my time (and petrol) that's been wasted.

^^^
This exactly, if your going to see an item, wasting diesel an time, your only doing it because you have every intention of buying said item. It's only if it's been badly advertised that there's problem. The time waster in this scenario is the seller.

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
I don't think there's anything wrong with it in an advert. However I think it's pointless on social media (e.g. Facebook) as everyone & there dog ends up sending private mail!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I'd only see the point of POA on a horse that was expensive. If not surely a rough asking price ("Priced in the 3-5k bracket, inquire further if interested") would be more useful whilst still vague enough?

Sorry to hijack but I spend a long time looking at adverts in advance and the amount of horses ridden into an incorrect "outline" is astounding. There's one dealer that advertises on here (no names mentioned) often in the promoted ads, where the rider is hunched forward in almost every single ad, almost like a light seat but sat, working the horse into an "outline".

I wonder if it's the same one that I'm thinking of. Lovely horses but every time I see one advertised I want to yell at the rider in question :-/

Nancykitt

Wester Ross, the beautiful NW coast of Scotland
Visit site
When I was looking for a Connie I saw an advert for a nice looking 5 year old, POA. I rang the number and asked some questions. The seller talked at length about how sweet and kind the pony was, but it turned out that it had done very little other than a few laps of the arena and a couple of fun rides. I asked for the price and she told me she wanted 8K. I think she must have heard the slight gasp I gave as she then launched into a rant about how I'd wasted her time phoning her up and I wouldn't find a sweeter, kinder pony elsewhere. Since then I've never enquired about a POA.
I ended up getting another pony, our wonderful boy, had him for over 10 years now and he's been an absolute dream. Not just sweet and kind but a true schoolmaster and allrounder - for much, much less than 8K! (And they did put the price on the advert!)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I rang one once, I fairly quickly asked price, said it was over budget (by 1k or so so not massively but enough) and she proceeded to tell me how amazing he was and how he was worth that. I am sure he was but going off an advert in the freeads (pre internet!) it was hard to tell and that didn't stop him being over the current budget :p.

I do understand it for people producing young horses though, if you are competing them and it gets well placed in a good SJ class/gets it's double clears the price is going to go up fairly rapidly.