PMSL

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
OH arrived last night and gave me a present from his sister, it is a lovely German Shepherd calendar.
Flipped over January and as I live and breathe, the first picture is not one of a GSD, it is a Malinois!!!!!!!!!

Picture research FAIL.

Happy New Year y'all
grin.gif

CorvusCorax

Visit site
Don't mock, did I tell you about the bloke I met at the Air Show who proudly told me his dog was a Belgian Shepherd?

I told him it was lovely, but it was a long coat black and gold GSD, before being dragged away by my best friend, who was affronted...bet the person who sold it to him was laughing all the way to the bank....

Booboos

Visit site
OHHHH! How could they do this to you???!

I was once at a local fun show with Betty (the tan Spitz in my sig) when I overheard two blokes saying full of admiration: "That's a Corgo (sic) just like the Queen has!"

CorvusCorax

Visit site
Haha - B's breeder's dad took his bitch for mountain hikes in preparation for showing in Germany, he passed two blokes in the Mournes who remarked "Aren't you lucky, having that husky to pull you up the hill!"
blush.gif

He was mortified!

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
PMSL too
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I must admit I do like Belgian Shepherds but more the Tervuerens and Groenendaels than the Malinois and Laekenois
smile.gif

And yes, I admit, I had to google for the spellings
tongue.gif
grin.gif

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I walked past two young boys many years ago with my Norwegian Buhunds and Smooth Collie, saw one of them point towards Raya and say to the other "Look, a shaved Lassie!"

I was actually quite proud, after all she was a tricolour and not sable and white.

grin.gif
Getting_a_haircut.gif

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Haha - B's breeder's dad took his bitch for mountain hikes in preparation for showing in Germany, he passed two blokes in the Mournes who remarked "Aren't you lucky, having that husky to pull you up the hill!"
blush.gif

He was mortified!

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif
confused.gif
So was it the mistaken breed identity or being towed up the hill that mortified him?

grin.gif