point 2 air jackets

Shavings

Visit site
any one got them??

good?

bad?

any one used them?

sizing??

been offered one by a fellow livery as she is giving up on riding (pregnant with 2/3 child (twins) and has offered me her jacket at a good price, or at least what i think is a good price after looking them up on google

PetalPower

Visit site
I've had a Point 2 for a long while, bought one of the originals and then changed to a different colour after a few years. I personally think they were well worth the money having eaten dirt more than once whilst wearing one. I'm 5'8 and wear a size LW (which it says on the label fits 170-185cm tall). There's lots of adjustment.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Having just catapulted head first over a school fence at speed and walked away with a broken hand ( I think I punched the fence) I rather like mine. It was the first proper use and it did what it says on the tin. I didn't even hear it go off, I didn't feel it was tight, some people moan the point two hurts when inflated , fitted properly it doesn't. You need to adjust it so you can fit your whole hand in sidewards, with the edge of your hand against your chest. It needs room as it also inflates inwards , to protect you from the tigger and canister.

If I was buying second hand I would contact point two and inquirie about the service history and see if they will service it for you. Costs about £70 all told and it's quick and easy and they replace any problem bits. Not sure about how it works second hand .

Shay

Visit site
My daughter had a point 2 for years - she had an original. Then a helite but largely because we were buying when the two brands were splitting up and helite were more available. Well fitted there is absolutely no doubt that these do reduce injury. Like any safety kit if poorly fitted you are a bit stuck - but even then they are often better than nothing.

Point2 will service the jacket and ensure it is all in working order which is a massive advantage. I wouldn't by another make second hand; but would not hesitate with a point2. Just factor the cost of servicing into the price.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I ride in mine all the time (last 4 years) and it's hardly noticeable that you're wearing it. I don't know much about the sizing but you can probably check that online. Needs to be long enough that it covers the base of you spine when inflated. I've only had to use it once thankfully.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I love mine. Before you buy it, inflate it. It will cost £20, but could save your life if you fall off and find it didn't work.