Point 2 Pro Air

loopiesteff

Visit site
It was my birthday yesterday and my parents gave me money to get an air jacket. (Seeing as out of the 4 events I've done this season, I've fallen off at 3 of them!) I had a quick look online last night and I ideally want a royal blue one, and so far, the cheapest is actually from Point 2 themselves at £433.

Does anyone know of anywhere else that may do them slightly cheaper? I know one Saddlery does them at £470, they're going to be at a BE event I'm at at the weekend so may have an offer on, and I'll get to try them on to see which size I need...

Any advance on £433?

For a laugh: my completely non horsey dad asked me (once I'd opened my card to reveal £400 falling out everywhere)

"do they do helmet air jackets?"

There was silence in the kitchen and myself and my mum both looked at him as if to say, "are you mad?!"

My dad was outraged that there wasn't an invention for an "air hat" that goes on top of your hat and that there SHOULD be something on the market! LOL! Bless him.

Shay

Visit site
I think there is! An inflatable cuff at your neck which inflates over the helmet in the event of impact - I saw it on the Gadget show recently.

Back to air jackets - try Helite. Helite used to make the Pro2 jackets and all the safety reports actually relate to the Helite Pro2, not the current one. The 2 companies parted ways last year. Helite jackets start at £395 for an adult size. I think I paid £399 for my daughter's new green one at YHL last autumn. The UK supplier is treehouse http://www.treehouseairjackets.co.uk/home

becca1305

Visit site
I remember being given a percentage off discount flyer thing on Point 2 at Solihull, will see if I can locate it though may have binned it as I already have jacket and enough canisters to be getting on with!

Kokopelli

Visit site
Do you know anyone going to badminton? They often have deals on there?

Also if you're small can you get away with a childs one? That's what I did and it was just under £400 :)

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Do you know anyone going to badminton? They often have deals on there?

Also if you're small can you get away with a childs one? That's what I did and it was just under £400 :)
We bought a Pt 2 at Badminton yesterday with 10% off from their own stall. We thought we might get away with large child's but when you check that the bottom should still cover your coxyx when inflated we had to go for small adult as the do slightly rise up when inflated. Adult one came in at £358

Shay

Visit site
Be careful if you are a small adult using a child jacket. They don't have the brace for the neck which the adult jacket does. (or at least pro 2 and helite don't) Not sure why though!