Pointless but positive thread

P3LH

Visit site
We had a horrible time when on holiday in wales earlier this year as I had shared on the board. People mobbing, people shouting ‘corgi’, people touching her without asking etc and we literally had hoards and crowds. She ended up really bothered by it all and that, along with still being relatively young when lockdown hit, had knocked her confidence hugely with strangers. Walks stopped being fun in general.

We’ve been working at it and today braved a very busy hot spot park in the city as I felt it was the right time. She was ace, really happy and back to her old self saying hello to everyone, even had some little people come and fuss her and adored it (she became very wary after Wales of anyone small) and was even well mannered when we stopped for a coffee!

She has by far been one of the most complex dogs I have ever owned or even met, but it was so nice to see her overcome what I felt was a real big hurdle. The holiday debacle had really changed her and she had been quite neurotic and fear snappy in certain situations ever since—so a long way in just two months. The work was totally worth it. We have spent a lot of time working on 1:1 time too as realised she was a little dependent on the other two and less confident without them in certain situations.

I often post of her hellraiser antics so I wanted to share a positive, plus I’m really pleased we’ve managed to undo things. She’s not all good though, as caught and ate a sparrow first thing.

P3LH

Visit site
Aw what a cutie. It was all obviously too much for the little mite and she was quite overwhelmed. Well done taking a few steps back and regaining confidence. Onwards and upwards!
Yes, she was salivating and ran back to the car—this still didn’t stop people, neither did me quite literally roaring at them. My highlight was someone running around thirty feet towards us from the bottom of a very steep hill yelling ‘a real corgi’ and attempting to take a selfie.
I don’t do social media but apparently gather that it’s quite a common challenge with their pop culture popularity. Frustrating as she really was addled by it all, but hoping this is now to be the shape of things to come.