Pointy ears HELP!!

Antw23uk

Visit site
Im only half joking ..... but anything i can do to get these bad boys back to floppy rather than pointy? I have already got a collie with pointy's and was so hopeful this monster would be a floppy ears monster :(

In a week they've gone from 'windswept' to this bizarre look, lol. We are so in love with this little puppy :)

Attachments

• ears1.jpg
    ears1.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 112
  • millie small.jpg
    millie small.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 113

ponyparty

Visit site
They might sort themselves out in time. My Manchester Terrier had the most perfect, show-worthy button ears as a pup. They went pointy when he hit adolescence - and especially at shows, so we never did place. I did try a couple of tricks to try and train them down, half heartedly as I didn't feel quite comfortable with it. Eventually I gave up with showing and had him neutered as he was becoming a right little randy PITA. Sod's Law his ears then came right :rolleyes:

He is very cute btw.

Antw23uk

Visit site
I think i might try a small coin or bluetac and some tape ... i sound horrendous i know, lol! Its a girl, Millie .... or currently known as Monster!
Thank god for our older collie bitch, how do people cope with just a single puppy and no big sister to keep them in there place? :O

poiuytrewq

Visit site
She’s very cute! I had this with Cecil and I desperately wanted his floppy ears back, I love them now. Apparently it’s to do with the cartilage getting stronger as they grow.

Clodagh

Visit site
I think i might try a small coin or bluetac and some tape ... i sound horrendous i know, lol! Its a girl, Millie .... or currently known as Monster!
Thank god for our older collie bitch, how do people cope with just a single puppy and no big sister to keep them in there place? :O
I always think that with a puppy, thank goodness for grown ups.
Years ago I had a kelpie bitch and she went through many stages of ears, but they did end up pointy. I like pointy!

druid

Visit site
You want them down or you want them tipped like a sheltie? Tear Mender glue and tungsten/earweight powder and google will answer your questions on the how.

ponyparty

Visit site
I tried coins. They got launched at high velocity like little bullets when he shook his head.

Also tried snoring strips... They didn't work for fixing the errant ears, but wish I'd kept them for OH!

druid

Visit site
I tried coins. They got launched at high velocity like little bullets when he shook his head.

Also tried snoring strips... They didn't work for fixing the errant ears, but wish I'd kept them for OH!

For Mannies I've never done anything other than straight forward glueing as you would for a Kerry blue or Fox terrier - works well and they're not upset or bothered by it. Tend to only need to do it through teething when the ears like to fly.

PurBee

Visit site
Heheehe friggin’ adorable pup! My goodness…to play with that cutie all day long, a smile would never leave my face!

Bellasophia

Visit site
I believe they can “fly “during teething as the dogs calcium is used for the teeth and the ear cartilage is weakened at this time.Some ears will stay that way,many return to drop ear..nothing is set in stone.

Some ears will fly independently or in duo..My breeder had the most beautiful schnauzer pup he was wanting to show ,with two upright ears..he said he’d either wait it out,or get the vet to intervene…but then he wouldn’t be able to show her as she’d been “ altered”.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Heheehe friggin’ adorable pup! My goodness…to play with that cutie all day long, a smile would never leave my face!

She is an absolute monster but amazing and pretty textbook so far. You do forget how much time they take up though, i dont remember Bella being this full on but rose tinted glasses probably, lol!

PurBee

Visit site
She is an absolute monster but amazing and pretty textbook so far. You do forget how much time they take up though, i dont remember Bella being this full on but rose tinted glasses probably, lol!

true…i recall not getting much done with a pup around! Mine bounced about following me most times and i often had the camera rolling to capture the cuteness. She got into everything possible so it felt like i was looking after a toddler most times ?
The growth rate was so rapid i am glad i spent so much time with her when she was a wee bundle of fluff - she’s turned into the best dog ever owned and i think thats because of the very early weeks/months of lots of contact and natural training that spawned from those interactions.

Lovely markings yours has - love her 4 white feet!