Police shoot 2 horses

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
This has really upset me, I cannot believe they could not use a tranq dart - completely and totally unnecessary to shoot them - there is absolutely no excuse that will cover it :mad::mad::mad:

I have emailed asking why to:

Paul Richardson 4603
Team leader Band 4
Force Control Room York,
Fulford Road, York. YO10 4BY.
08456060247 ex 1218 07789995656 Paul.Richardson4603@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk

Last edited:

LaurenM

Visit site
That seems really unfair. Just because it's quicker and easier for the police doesn't mean that it should have been the first method used. I agree, they should have been tranquilised (sp) as it would have caused a hell of a lot less stress.

Cazzah

Visit site
Obviously we don't know all the facts but on the face of it this seems like an unnecessary and impulsive decision without due consideration of other options including tranquilisation. I understand that there were safety issues with loose horses on a road but surely they had an opportunity in the 'several days' the horses were loose to use other methods????? :(

Godknows

Visit site
Obviously we don't know all the facts but on the face of it this seems like an unnecessary and impulsive decision without due consideration of other options including tranquilisation. I understand that there were safety issues with loose horses on a road but surely they had an opportunity in the 'several days' the horses were loose to use other methods????? :(

That's what I mean 'several days' Why didn't they tranquilize when they couldn't catch them??