Poll Guard - Masta or sheepskin

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
My horse has suffered problems with tension in his poll which is always picked up on when he sees the physio. A poll guard of some description was suggested to see whether that might help and I wondered if anyone uses a Masta Protechmasta Poll Guard or just sheepskin. Horse is ridden in a snaffle bridle with no noseband and a comfort head piece so very little to put any pressure on him. He is suspected PSSM though and a sore poll/tension is one of the things that they can suffer from.

https://harryhall.com/protechmasta-poll-guard/?SID=a2nt0kp4s6qq7s2fbf80upl6u3

AFB

Visit site
I have an Acavello gel poll guard which I've been really impressed with - worth adding to your list?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I've been impressed by the Masta poll guard.

I've always struggled with my horse's flexion but since using this there does seem to be a noticeable difference in his suppleness. Of course, it could a multiple of other factors too, but do think this has helped.

I would probably buy the competition version if I was to buy again though.

Casey76

Visit site
My horse has suffered problems with tension in his poll which is always picked up on when he sees the physio. A poll guard of some description was suggested to see whether that might help and I wondered if anyone uses a Masta Protechmasta Poll Guard or just sheepskin. Horse is ridden in a snaffle bridle with no noseband and a comfort head piece so very little to put any pressure on him. He is suspected PSSM though and a sore poll/tension is one of the things that they can suffer from.

https://harryhall.com/protechmasta-poll-guard/?SID=a2nt0kp4s6qq7s2fbf80upl6u3

I’d try changing your browband before buying the Masta one.