poll...saddle or bridle on first

Do you think cheating is:

• Total voters

MagicMelon

Visit site
At home - I put on the saddle first (as they are still tied up) then bridle as then I can just walk away without having to tie them back up with the bridle on.

At a show - I put the bridle on in the box before taking them out. Saddle goes on before the class.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I bet the marjority of bridle first people use martingales
wink.gif

Kate x

RobinHood

Visit site
If using a martingale then bridle first, if not using a martingale then saddle first so I don't have to put the headcollar back on.

Doublethyme

Visit site
Pretty much always saddle first, bridle second, as always tack up in the stable or lorry. In the lorry she stays tied up till bridle put on last minute and then unloaded tacked up. In the stable, I never tie her up to be tacked up and often leave her tacked up eating her hay untied (slap wrist!!). But she never moves away from her hay when being tacked up and never ever rolls in her stable so no problem.

matthew

Visit site
Sme as you - i was always taught to do bridles first to give you more control (plus when i used to work in a riding school you needed a rein to bend nasty, evil ponies head away from you when doing up the girth-else they would have your arm off!!!!