POLL: Where are all the foals going?

What do you think you are?

• Total voters

Tia

Visit site
No but I knew the numbers as the Eriskay pony used to be on there (may still be). The Eriskay pony is being helped tremendously over here for some bizarre reason.

I didn't know that about the Fell ponies though - I knew a few of them when I was a kid. Back then it seemed that Fells were more popular than Dales but that may just have been in my area.

peapod

Visit site
Yeah, Eriskay's are still there - along with Clevelands, and Suffolk Punches.

Fell ponies are "Vulnerable" at the moment - which is in the middle of their categories (out of 5, Critical being the "most rare"). There are a lot more Fells than Dales for some reason (actually, I think it's because the Fells set up their stud books first, and it took a while to get the two distinct breeds, and establish a separate Dales book - I might be wrong there though!)

It's quite an emotive subject for me lol, it upsets me to think these wonderful ponies might soon be extinct!

Totally digressing from your original topic now, sorry about that!

Edited just to clarify that I think they've nearly eradicated "Fell Foal Syndrome" - not that Fells are nearly extinct!

niashadow

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And option number 2

pedigree-chum-12-mixed-cans.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You are a pillock GT.
grin.gif

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And option number 2

pedigree-chum-12-mixed-cans.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You are a pillock GT.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not know very much about me do you?

niashadow

Visit site
Just as well, not sure about your sense of humour (hope you were joking)
grin.gif
Back on the subject, all my foals bred bar 1 were sold as 3yr old. Just to make sure they had a good start to life. I also know where they all are and how well they are doing
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
I bred H with the intention to sell - however, whilst he is for sale, if he does not sell, it is not the end of the world. Esp. with the radical change that is soon to happen in my life, he might just be the horse for me........

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
2 of this years have already gone to fray bentos, the other will go to the sales as a yearling i suspect, we only ahve 2 due next season & their future will depend on what they look/move like, and thier sex.

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
Bought my mare in foal to a warmblood stallion but not my type so decided to sell the foal at weaning (have done), will put her to my type of stallion from now on. Must just say, he is a stunning boy boy and a credit to bot his parents but too big for my liking!!
blush.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
If I get 2 healthy foals next year i will be keeping them for a few years at least. If they are of good quality i would like to take them through the British Breeding Scheme and also show them. I would then break them and bring them on hopefully to become performance ponies (Million Dollar Performance Ponies, lol).
smile.gif