Canadian
Own a few horses
Female
Blonde hair
Healthy mixture
Western (& showjumping)
Other - expertise is bringing on youngsters/rehabilitation
Yes worked with horses
Worked in horse industry for approx. 20 years (owned for longer)
Yes I am a Pro in my area of expertise.

So what is your thinking SN? Usually I can grasp the reason for polls but you've got me on this one, LOL!!

S_N

Visit site
lol - well the debates about training methods, got me thinking who, how, where, when, how long, background of persons using them, is there a stereotype, etc.....

Tia

Visit site
Adaptability is a big issue here though. Some folks are just not adaptable and cannot fathom why others do what they do. I have learned from horses every day of my life - no two moments with any horse are the same, therefore I remember and try to consider alternatives.....some people are stuck in ruts and find it difficult to move out of their comfort zone.

I also think there should be a huge difference in the responses from people who have purely owned their own horses to the responses you will get from others who have worked with horses.

Good poll - will be interesting to see some of the final results.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I have worked with horses and been involved with them for 24 years but i would not consider myself a pro. Even though I am blonde I still think I have a healthy attitude of common sense to horses!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Adaptability is a big issue here though. Some folks are just not adaptable and cannot fathom why others do what they do. I have learned from horses every day of my life - no two moments with any horse are the same, therefore I remember and try to consider alternatives.....some people are stuck in ruts and find it difficult to move out of their comfort zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very true.

[ QUOTE ]
I also think there should be a huge difference in the responses from people who have purely owned their own horses to the responses you will get from others who have worked with horses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good poll - will be interesting to see some of the final results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you D!!

S_N

Visit site
lol - was wondering if any stereotypes existed that's all............ We all know the stereotypical blonde and all the jokes, well, without wishing to cause offense to anyone, I was wondering about that and training methods.............
grin.gif
grin.gif
c060.gif

Tia

Visit site
Interestingly (or maybe not) but the only people I have come across with tendencies to go down the Parelli or wierd-type/latest-fashion training methods have been dark haired.
crazy.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think SN is just trying to dismiss the myth that blondes are bimbo's!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why couldn't I have put it like that
a015.gif

Tia

Visit site
You know another weird thing that I have noticed over the decades (please don't hit me people - it's just what I have seen
crazy.gif
) is that skinny blonde birds seem to have a one-upmanship on dark haired ladies.

Eeek!! They're gonna crucify me
blush.gif
*scuppers off quickly!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I would not say I was a traditional blonde though! I hate pink and diamante. I also have dreadful nails and my horse is always far better turned out than I am. In fact he wears more products and his nails are in far better condition and painted.

Just read Tias post this is where I have gone wrong as not skinny! More solid!
blush.gif

Tia

Visit site
GTs, SV......errm no idea about the others.....AOS???? Oh no he doesn't ride the equine variety!!!
blush.gif
blush.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OI that's darkist
wink.gif

Actually SN am a bit miffed - there is no box for reddish brown
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just KNEW there would be 1!!! I did consider all kinds of colours - dishwater blonde, strawberry blonde, auburn, blue/black, brown/black.......... Then I decided ENOUGH with the pussy footing, people would just HAVE to make a decision!!! Be decisive damn you!!!!
a055.gif

Tia

Visit site
I know!! I feel REALLY bad saying that (and I love dark hair!!) but if you look on all the dressage/showjumping sales websites all the girls are skinny and blonde
shocked.gif