Pollen Ex - Global Herbs

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any success with the Pollen Ex suppliment, I was wondering what peoples thoughts/success rate was before I go buy & try.

Thanks

peanut

Visit site
I've never used the Pollen Ex but have had great success with another Global Herbs product (Sarc Ex).

I think it's like so many things, what works for one horse doesn't necessarily work for another.

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
If your horse has a healthy diet, with all the vits and mins he needs, you might as well save your money. Read the tiny print very carefully and you'll find that all the manufacturers actually promise is that their product will help make sure your horse's immune system is as strong as possible. Ask yourself, if these supplements actually worked, would COPD/RAO caused by a pollen allergy be such a terrible and chronic health problem? No, of course it wouldn't. Vets would be prescribing such stuff left right and centre and no horse in the land would ever need to suffer the severe, chronic lung damage that such awful allergies can cause.

To those who determinedly think such supplements have helped I would say never underestimate the awesome power of the placebo.

embonaught

Visit site
If your horse has a healthy diet, with all the vits and mins he needs, you might as well save your money. Read the tiny print very carefully and you'll find that all the manufacturers actually promise is that their product will help make sure your horse's immune system is as strong as possible. Ask yourself, if these supplements actually worked, would COPD/RAO caused by a pollen allergy be such a terrible and chronic health problem? No, of course it wouldn't. Vets would be prescribing such stuff left right and centre and no horse in the land would ever need to suffer the severe, chronic lung damage that such awful allergies can cause.

To those who determinedly think such supplements have helped I would say never underestimate the awesome power of the placebo.

What a load of rubbish. Sometimes, people on here need to take a step back and stop thinking they're God. If you don't have anything constructive/helpful/unpatronising to say then perhaps best not to say it. Although it wouldn't leave you with much left to talk about...
Like another poster said, different stuff works for different horses and you need to find what works best for yours. They can take a while to get into the system so if you're looking at this year's pollen, you may be a little late!

little MJ

Visit site
I agree with the above post. My horse get itchy eyes ..... Nothing to do with his lungs!! It starts every year on the 2nd of July and lasts about 2/3 weeks the vets have been out lots of times and given eye drops and creams etc none of which worked as well as this product. As long as I start to give it himin the middle of June we are fine!!

ALO

Visit site
Wasn't convinced it worked with mine!relatively expensive stuff too!invest in a nosenet :)

odd1

Visit site
i use it on mine i start it about march time so it is well in his system before the pollen starts to bother him and tend to keep him on it through till Sept/Oct time depending on the kind of summer or lack of!
i go by my own hayfeaver if it is still bothering me i carry on using it on him when mine stops i stop the pollenx
when it is really bad i also give the airway plus

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
I have actually stopped using it, the price was just too much. I was having to use a pot a week to get the amount into him that was needed and at £30 a tub I just couldn't justify it. I did it for three weeks and saw no difference. I appreciate that it probably takes six weeks to get into their system but I cudnt as u say pay out that amount of money when it may not even work. I fork out enough on foot suppliments as it is.

rhino

Visit site
What a load of rubbish. Sometimes, people on here need to take a step back and stop thinking they're God. If you don't have anything constructive/helpful/unpatronising to say then perhaps best not to say it. Although it wouldn't leave you with much left to talk about...

So being 'un'constructive is bad but it is ok to be downright rude? :confused:

B_O_F's points were very valid, even if they do not happen to go hand in hand with your personal beliefs. Nutraceuticals are a very good money making scheme, with very little proven benefit in the main. They have to use terms like 'supports' as if there was any proven efficacy, they would be classed as medical products :D

OP - what issues are you having with your horse? Have you had a vet out at all, or any official diagnosis? :)

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
Rhino, I wouldn't say he is a shaker if I had to describe him it would be more of a "******" - pardon the pun. I think I find it more frustrating than he does. I can't decide if it is behaviour, allergy, or what. Some days he does it some days he doesn't. It's worse hacking, but he can do it the arena. I read an article on a schooling session once and the horse did the same thing . There advice was to try and keep your leg on and try and open your hands and lower them also, hense to try and push him forward . When he does it, it makes him unbalanced too which is a knightmare.

rhino

Visit site
Rhino, I wouldn't say he is a shaker if I had to describe him it would be more of a "******" - pardon the pun.

:D :D I know what you meant to say :p Grr, I've ridden one like that before. Hugely irritating :mad:

Have a look at this thread
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=535220

May be worth a try (Pedantic's trick), the problem with headshaking is that there doesn't appear to be any rhyme nor reason for a lot of horses. I also find smearing a bit of vaseline just inside the nostril can help trap pollen (tried it myself, have horrific pollen allergies :mad: )

ETA I meant I've tried the vaseline, not putting tights over my head :eek: :D

Shadster

Visit site
I've used it two springs running now and it works for my pony, along with an equilibrium nosenet.

The liquid is £21 a bottle for a litre so not hugely expensive. I use their Laminitis Prone too.

lizness

Visit site
I find this very useful! I have used it for a couple of years now. I was convinced by the feed shop to try a different product for free and it was no good, didn't work at all couldn't wait to be back on the pollenex!

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
You feed two scoops twice a day, = 1 pot a week. That is the loading amount for the first 4-6 weeks. Then I think you drop it to one scoop twice a day. When you open the tub the power is in a bag , it's a small bag, you don't get a tub full.

lizness

Visit site
£120 a week?
I use the liquid and this lasts 3-4weeks at £20.90 a time. I find this reasonable for being able to ride my horse normally throughout the summer. I thought that the powder worked out cheaper and stronger but I couldn't get my mare to eat it!