Polo shirts/ tops for up the yard?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Where does everyone get theirs or what do they use?

The horse branded ones are so flipping expensive I'm tempted to be a cheapskate and get some of the coloured ones intended for school wear if they do adult sizes unless people have better suggestions!

gryff

Visit site
I tend to buy joules when they are on offer. Equiflair often have some good offers. Have a look at High street outlet...they have got lots of Crew Clothing polos at the moment in lovely colours.

oldie48

Visit site
I buy Landsend ones when they are on sale, I like the pique ones rather than the pima. They wash and wear and last for years, staying in shape, I wear the newer ones when I want to look tidy and move the older ones into suitable for yard/mucking about duty. I have got a drawer full, decent on one side, old on the other. I've bought other makes but they just don't stay looking good for very long.

JillA

Visit site
Aldi when they have them - I've got at least three I have washed and worn so may times over a couple of years, and they still come up looking decent

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
What's wrong with Primark/supermarket t-shirts? No need to look 'smart' for mucking out etc., you certainly won't do by the time you've finished! If you're having a lesson then clean and tidy will do. There is no need to spend a fortune on yard clothes.

HappyDayz

Visit site
My go to is Primark, tshirts, polos, sweatshirts, jeans. It is all so cheap it doesn’t matter if it ends up with holes in and stains, you can throw it away at the end of the year and not feel guilty!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
What's wrong with Primark/supermarket t-shirts? No need to look 'smart' for mucking out etc., you certainly won't do by the time you've finished! If you're having a lesson then clean and tidy will do. There is no need to spend a fortune on yard clothes.
This! I have several primark tshirts i wear working or mucking out and actually love them! I think they were £2.50! Also good for long socks £1

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I used to buy Asda ones (usually back to school ones). They were cheap and lasted well. I never wore branded gear at the yard - my money was saved for decent boots, jacket and breeches.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I wear Primark mens polo's in XS and often put a skinny long sleeve t shirt under it to tuck into my breeches in winter. You can still look smart by choosing toning and contrasting colours of tops to breeches.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I buy from anywhere that they are selling reasonable quality at a cheap price. I've never understood why some people come to the yard wearing top end tops, breeches, boots & jackets just to muck out & turn out?

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I picked up two from regatta for £12 for both. Not the prettiest ever but lovely and cool for hot weather.

My two favourite polos are from my previous employer and have branding. Very comfortable but I would be happier if I could remove the brand. :)

Mrs B

Visit site
I wear whatever t-shirts are too worn to wear anywhere else - mostly from TKMaxx. Some sort of gilet (my last one did 8 years!) from Mountain Warehouse and a cheap fleece to go between t-shirt and gilet when it gets cold.

nikkimariet

Visit site
I have a primark tee in every colour (of course) and they are my best fitting and most hard wearing tops. I have a multitude of long sleeves too.

I have a sacrificial long and short coat that both stand up on their own but it means that my actual riding clothes don't smell of the yard :)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Thanks everyone glad I'm not mad for considering the cheap and cheerful to be fair to the mark Todd ones I've been wearing they have lasted a long time but now they need replacing I could probably buy multiple primark or asda tops for the cost of one "horse" one! Will look at some of the links in a bit.

Funny how I don't shudder at spending on a saddle pad though I've banned myself from buying them as I'm trying to save money to move out. Definitely prefer spending on horse clothing such as rugs and saddle pads than on me!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Tesco men's section for me! The occasional horsey one in a sale if very marked down. But prefer the fit of the men's anyway really, baggy on the waist but actually fit my shoulders and are long enough which women's clothing rarely does.

claracanter

Visit site
If you don't mind second hand, you can get some great horsey brand bargains on eBay. They also have cheap and cheerful new untrendy brands which are great bargains too.

Shooting Star

Visit site
I’m highly unfashionable so go for plain M&S cotton t-shirts, good quality, cheap & last for years... plus they don’t go see through in the rain :)