Polo wraps vs boots for dressage

blitznbobs

Visit site
Which do you use and why?

I like the convenience of boots but love matchy matchy ness of the bandages... am currently waiting for new horse to be vetted and am itching to buy stuff for it but I will resist - oh yes I will until she's passed...

khalswitz

Visit site
Boots. More sturdy for my prolific brusher and you can still get matchy!!! I have purple brushing boots, navy fleece boots, white training wrap boots and black sport boots so I can pick whichever ones match best :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Both (not at the same time).

I like polo wraps for dressage when I have time to faff as they don't rub.

I like boots when I am in a rush, or if I am jumping (sturdier protection down the back in case we have a disaster at a fence).

If it is wet and/or muddy, and I am only hacking or on the flat, I use bare legs.

Kimchi

allkingedwardshorses.blogspot.com
I mostly use my matchy polo's. Because they Match, and they are cheaper than a set of 4 boots. However when I am in a rush I use boots. Also I like to ride younger horses in boots as I feel they are more prone to hitting themselves.

On rare occasions when I jump I use boots on the front, polos on the back, and when I hack out it is boots or nothing depending on the terrain.