Polocrosse??

lcharles

Visit site
Hello!!

Well, i've booked in for a training day for Polocrosse at a local equestrian centre on Saturday! x I have never played before so i have no idea what to expect?

I have been told that it will be a morning of exercises and training, followed by an afternoon of playing. It is from 10am until 5pm and only £25 so i thought it was a good deal!!

So, has anyone been to one? I would like to hear thoughts and experiences please!! x

SuperCoblet

Visit site
I love polocrosse! It's great fun, and mine isn't a likely candidate (13.3 cob) but he has his uses :D
16.2 is quite big, they're usually around 14.2 I think??
Have fun anyway :D

lcharles

Visit site
Lmao my gelding is 17.1HH!! x the lady on the phone just said i'd have further to lean but it wouldnt be an issue!! x cant let his height stop us doing fun stuff!! x

I think its good to be a bit diverse and do different things to grow a bond so we're going to give it a go!! x

Lizzy Felce

New User
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Polocrosse was originally developed by combining polo and lacrosse at a riding school near London and was used as an exercise to help people improve their riding. The modern game took shape in Australia in the 1930's. Today, there are over 6,000 players in the world.

I have been Playing polocrosse for nearly seven years now and I love it! It is so much fun and anyone can play! I started playing on my 14.2hh pony club pony and now have a 14.2hh polo pony that I play on. You can start playing on any horse no matter the size or breed! A really great thing about polocrosse is that such a wide variety of people play from six year olds on shetlands to adults on thorughbreds and even grandparents! And you don't need to worry about playing against people a lot better than you because it is divided up into grades; from E to A. For the younger ones there are Junior and Primary Junior catagories to play in. Polocrosse is very good for improving your balance, coordination and control of your horse.

Where was the training day that you went to? I am The sports development officer for Canterbury Colts Polocrosse Club in Canterbury, East Kent. If you are interested in having a go at polocrosse in kent or just have a general question about polocrosse, let me know. If you don't live in kent but are still interested in having a go, let me know and I can let you know who to contact for your area.

Hope you Enjoyed your Polocrosse Day! :)

Last edited:

Silver

Visit site
Be warned polocrosse is an addiction. My family played their first season last year. We loved every minute. Hubby only started riding in February and played his first tournament in June. Who are you having a lesson with?