Ponies Free To A Good Home. AHAR

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Ok guys. We still have such a large amount of equines to home. We are feeding hay round the clock the same as the Winter months. A very costly situation to be in. Just draining funds. All our equines are fully vetted, the males are gelded since last year. All wormed and feet done. Pass port in hoof. Ready to start again. One more chance.
Everyone in the country has no grass and what is left is burnt. For AHAR to survive this Winter coming we have to get these equines out. Hay is going to get so expensive and farmers are already feeding hay to stock straight from the field. That is very frightening. Its only July. We have been diverting emergency equines to other rescues who have been such a great help. Our priority is to make one last hard drive to home the ones we have or we wont be able to help any new ones.
They are all in great health and full of beans. Look stunning and just need a home.
We are going to put them all up one at a time again. Use the names they know that the children of AHAR call them.
New chance new start for them all.
We have transport to anywhere in the UK. There is no adoption fee as our supporters sponsor them thankfully. We would never survive without your support.
So all it would only cost you the transport to a company we use.
In Ireland you will need an equine number which you can get very quickly from the Department of Agriculture if you don’t have one already.
This does not apply to UK homes.
With such a huge following on our page surely some of you have space for one more? Please? It would mean so much to future equines who will without doubt need us this coming Winter.
So first we have Flint.
Just 3 yrs old. Only 36 inches.
How pretty is he? He will come to a bucket and follow you to his stable.
He needs training if you wish to use him for children but he would make a great pet or companion pony. No kick or vices.

So here you have it, no posts about equines for nearly a year because there was a moratorium on them, they couldnt bring in anymore and couldnt get rid of any, this has now been lifted so how do they respond by giving them away.

Last edited:

stormox

Visit site
I was asking on a previous thread if anyone had actually had a good experience rehoming from AHAR - I have only heard of bad experiences and scams- but these ponies arent really free as they are quoting £400 for transport and I know the transporter they use charges 300 euro from Kerry to UK and thats for big horses.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I was asking on a previous thread if anyone had actually had a good experience rehoming from AHAR - I have only heard of bad experiences and scams- but these ponies arent really free as they are quoting £400 for transport and I know the transporter they use charges 300 euro from Kerry to UK and thats for big horses.

I was just about to delete this thread as its duplicated, I asked leo Walker if you had to use their transport. Giving them away for free as they have already been sponsored is such a lot of horlicks as if that was the case then so would the dogs being they are sponsored to buy the, sponsored for vet work and sponsored to feed them. Once again AHAR being less than honest, they have to get rid of these ponies, it seems odd they are only the small ones and presume the larger have been passed on already. The fact they have had these about a year yet need so much more handling doesnt bode well, I think these are the ones shut up in stables wearing rugs.

Visit site
I'm still seriously upset at the thought of those poor little mules. :(

ETA. Wow, I need to stop going on about them lol.

Last edited: