Ponies on daytime turnout, having a mid afternoon snooze.

Feival

Visit site
On Thursday i found Buzz laid down sound asleep in the field at about 2pm, He is in at night so not living out and it makes me wonder if the old boy has a daily afternoon snooze in the field. Have you ever found yours totally asleep in the field?

Pippity

Visit site
I found my share horse flat out in his field one day. Had my heart in my mouth as I headed over to check on him, because he's not a horse who relaxes easily.

I was maybe two metres away, and he was up and galloping off. And then he wouldn't come near me, even though I'd only gone down to give the mardy ****** an apple!

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Yep, apparently Henry loves a snooze in the field! I got sent this photo last week of him and his friend who were not best pleased at being awakened from their nap!
CA5teNn.jpg

I also found Rosie flat out asleep with her head in the ring feeder one morning, went rushing over thinking something awful had happened and she leapt right up when she heard her name! Greedy pig had just fallen asleep while stuffing her face :D

LadySam

Visit site
Never on a weekday, but all the horses on the RoR yard understood the lazy Sunday vibe. They'd find a nice patch of sun late morning or early afternoon to have a lie down snooze. One in particular would occasionally stretch out like a cat. Funny things.

Visit site
Gray always has a flat out, unresponsive sleep around 1.30 pm in the field. It takes a few minutes of shouting for him to even flicker an ear. It has been known to take poking and prodding to wake him up on nice warm sunny days!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Mine live out and always have a nap mid morning, five will lie down while one stands on guard then again mid afternoon when a different one will stand guard. It's always the big horses who stand guard, all three minis will always take a nap.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I had a frantic phone call this week from my O/H asking me to sit down he had to tell me something.... B is dead.
Now luckily I've made the same mistake! If he's been stables he often lies flat out after being turned out. I'd also seen him an hour before happily eating hay so wasn't too worried!
Made O/H go up to him (still absolutely no response) and pull a leg, only then did he look up!
Scared the life out of the poor guy 😂

Flicker

Visit site
Our horses in Jo’burg had a big patch of sand in their field for exactly that purpose. When their stables were being built, we noticed that they loved lying in a patch of builders’ sand which must have been lovely and warm in the afternoon sun. So we also built them a sandpit and they’d be sparko there most afternoons.

windand rain

Visit site
Once on a sunny day walked up to the youngster she was flat out couldnt see her breathing so shouted her name ,no response, walked up and poked her with my toe nope no response still no sign of breathing thought she was dead went to her head picked it up and dropped it was convinced she wad dead so poked her eye at which she opened her eyes looked at me groaned and went back to sleep with a big sigh. Scared me witless

Nasicus

Visit site
One of mine only tends to snooze out in the field, I have never caught her laid down in her stable once in three years! But have often spotted her flat out in the sun!
The youngster on the other hand, will lay down anywhere and everywhere, field, stable, even whilst tied up outside her stable! Thankfully she's only tried that one once, decided it wasn't worth the hassle.