PONY DOPING

Colline

Visit site
As far as I know the BSJA Jersey Branch held an EGM last night and the members voted 91 in favour of a ban and 13 not to ban.

As this a
blush.gif
ffected one of my old ponies then I am thrilled!!!

bexandspooky

Visit site
scuse me if I am being a bit dumb - are you referring to members being banned if they are caught doping pony's to make them easier to ride!!

They should be banned if that is what they are doing - they should teach their little 'darlings' to ride better!

What happened to your old pony?

Colline

Visit site
This happened in september last year. A mother of a competitor at the show was caught feeding ponies acps in polo mints. The members have voted to ban her from the showground for 4 years and as a member for at least 4 years.

i used to own one of the ponies that was doped. She has spent the past year trying to recover from the side effects. At one point it was possible that she was going to have to be destroyed.
frown.gif

I am in contact with her owner (as she is a friend) and she appears to be responding well to the new treatment.

I know that one of the other ponies that was doped will never be ridden again.

lastresort

Visit site
I have followed this and you have my sympathies, She shouldnt be allowed to even have horses or compete at anything IMOH. Obviously she cant win fair and square. Its very bad for the sport.

Good luck and I hope she gets all she desrves!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRR

Colline

Visit site
Thanks.

I'm not actually in Jersey but I know the woman in question - she has even stayed in my house.......
They used to compete a lot in the UK - I'm not sure if BSJA UK will take any action against her registering with them to allow them to compete in the UK?

My daughter was friends with her son and she was really upset when she found out what had happened to her old pony.