pony dressage saddle - any advice / experience

katef2020

Visit site
Hi There - looking for any advice on pony dressage saddle to fit a welsh x warmblood 13hh pony who is a MW fit in a bates pony VSD saddle, and is build like a mini warmblood , quite uphill and a long sloping wither.
She is quite compact and is happier in a 15 seat size which has plenty of room for my daughters bum, but the flaps on the bates pony VSD are quite diddy and her legs are heading towards the bottom of the flaps hence search. Anyone any experience to share or saddles that may be available ?
Thanks for your help !

Enfys

Visit site
Depends on your price range.

I have a Supra synthetic (are all Supras synthetic? I don't know) on my 13h at the moment. Not particularly pretty but how much can you see when there is someone on it anyway?

My mare has a high wither and is a narrow fit, the Supra was the only dressage saddle I could find that fitted us both. I also wanted something super lightweight and this is only about 14lbs.

WP_20151220_11_17_15_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Friend of mine had trouble finding a dressage saddle for her 14.1 welsh D. She was advised never to put anything bigger than 16" on him. She currently has a Kent and Masters pony dressage saddle which apparently are a new introduction on their range.

katef2020

Visit site
That was my idea- have asked a few saddlers in Devon if they can do this and so far no luck - anyone know of a saddler who could do this ? As does seem really good idea !