Pony going on trail?

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
Lady came to se scrappy today and it went really well, but she asked for a weeks trial which is fine but do I hold onto the passport till they pay for him?
Hes going tomorrow, we're taking him to the place
God im going to miss him
frown.gif

hadfos

Visit site
Do not let passport out of your sight....and make sure you have some sort of written contract signed by them that he is SOUND and well before they take him!!
Not everybody is the same but the minute that guy leaves your yard....they may cripple him the day you gave him to them on trial,and say you gave them a duffer
crazy.gif

Cover your back from all angles!!!
Personally i wouldnt let my horse go on trial....yes they can come to yard to try,but i would NEVER let them take away!!

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
^^^^what she said, bearing in mind a passport is not proof of ownership, can you not tell these people that they can come to your yard and try pony as much as they want but please don't let him out of your yard until they decide that they want and pay for him, Would you let your car go on a weeks trial?

Enfys

Visit site
Sarah, hold the passport, take photos of Scrappy's current condition with them holding him.
I wish I'd seen this earlier as you may not check in again and it's a bit late to change the rules but you are taking a deposit , or preferably the full amount, to hold or return aren't you?

Not everybody is as honest as you are.

Is it a yard or private house you are going to? Local?