Pony share at stables

Trapieter

Visit site
We are meeting with a lady and her ponies on Sunday so hopefully that will work out.
I took my son to buy new boots today and got chatting with a lady ( if you’re on here hi ?) it turns out we are not the only ones unhappy with the arrangement. I guess I should of asked on here or locally first as it is known :( but seriously the advertisement made it sound wonderful.
As for the “plan” to make the poor cob move… it was going to be a someone lead reining a pony in front for an hour! Luckily the owner “ worked him out” and realised he’s a group horse. So my son got a different pony for riding lessons and wow… he did not stop smiling the whole hour. He’s excited again and in love again since stopping the share. He still cuddles the horse he shared, he was not the problem.
what should I be wary of on a private share… going in prepared this time lol

Bobthecob15

Visit site
We are meeting with a lady and her ponies on Sunday so hopefully that will work out.
I took my son to buy new boots today and got chatting with a lady ( if you’re on here hi ?) it turns out we are not the only ones unhappy with the arrangement. I guess I should of asked on here or locally first as it is known :( but seriously the advertisement made it sound wonderful.
As for the “plan” to make the poor cob move… it was going to be a someone lead reining a pony in front for an hour! Luckily the owner “ worked him out” and realised he’s a group horse. So my son got a different pony for riding lessons and wow… he did not stop smiling the whole hour. He’s excited again and in love again since stopping the share. He still cuddles the horse he shared, he was not the problem.
what should I be wary of on a private share… going in prepared this time lol
Good luck, I hope it works out for you x

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Make sure you see someone else ride the pony before you let your son get on and if you think it will be too much for him don't be afraid to say.

Trapieter

Visit site
Ok.that didn’t go to plan either!
I waited 2 hours for her to turn up and no show but that’s not the issue. The horses are in terrible condition! She hasn’t answered me all day so my friend messaged her and asked about the loan and she replied straight away! So we did some digging because I would help if she needed it and this was just an off period but turns out she rides the horses in this state. She is aware. Also one of the horses she advertised 2 days ago is missing…Feel like crying. So I’m going to get the horses help. You can see there pelvic bones, ribs and shoulders. I’ll probably start a new thread on this tomorrow if the plan doesn’t work. Crazy

nagblagger

Visit site
So sorry T, at least you found out at the beginning and you are going to get help for the horses, so something positive will come out of this experience.

Keep trying, there are some good owners out there that would love to have your help. shame you're not closer to me.

Nasicus

Visit site
Ok.that didn’t go to plan either!
I waited 2 hours for her to turn up and no show but that’s not the issue. The horses are in terrible condition! She hasn’t answered me all day so my friend messaged her and asked about the loan and she replied straight away! So we did some digging because I would help if she needed it and this was just an off period but turns out she rides the horses in this state. She is aware. Also one of the horses she advertised 2 days ago is missing…Feel like crying. So I’m going to get the horses help. You can see there pelvic bones, ribs and shoulders. I’ll probably start a new thread on this tomorrow if the plan doesn’t work. Crazy
Oh what a shame! Get in contact with World Horse Welfare, don't bother getting the RSPCA involved as they are bloody useless with horses, and once they're engaged the others can't be.