Pony Stallions

maddie7

Visit site
Hi

I am looking to breed from my ISH mare if she does not come sound following a ligament injury. I would like to breed a small eventer - hopefully no bigger than 15.2 - I know this cannot be guaranteed but I would to put her with a suitable event pony stallion standing about 14.2.

I have no idea about pony stallions so has anyone got any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a world beater, I would just like to do a very maximum on BE novice. I would also like a fairly fine boned horse so preferrably like to stay away from connemaras.

Thanks

Clodagh

Visit site
There is a stud that has lovely performance Welsh Bs. Maybe ask WelshD on here, she has a couple of nice natives (not stallions, but she may know the scene).

maddie7

Visit site
thanks but Welsh D's will be look heavy for what I am looking for. My mare is fairly chunky so would like something finer

TheMule

Visit site
Catherston's Littledale Bright Star has some nice eventers out there, he's only tiny himself but seems to throw 14.2s with horse mares quite frequently.
Jonkers Metyo has a couple of nice small horses out there
There are tonnes of quality connemaras available and the Wayland Newforest ponies are super.

Clodagh

Visit site
There was a lady that used to come on here who had performance B's. I think the stud was in Lincolnshire or Leicestershire?
Newfies may throw too much bone, if the OP doesn't want a connie NFs are very similar.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Sally Forster (sallyf on here), and of Groomsbridge Stud at Newmarket had a cracking Connemara stallion standing with her at one time. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but he certainly competed and had acquired points. It's also possible that she still has frozen semen stored.

If I had a mare such as you describe and wanted what you seem to be looking for, I'd make a beeline for this horse and without a second thought!

Alec.

mynutmeg

Visit site
I don't know if he is still around but Kilvington Scoundrel is a lovely pony stallion and produces very nice stock including some good jumpers

Clodagh

Visit site
OP did say not a connemara, I can't remember the name of that one from Sally's either, even though I went to see him, he wa sa lovely boy but I decided against for my ISH as I thought I might get something too cobby.
OP -I did this search, as I cannot remember the prefix for the stud I was thinking of.
http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/advancedsearch.php?b=222&d=328&h=n&ch=&x=31&y=11
I used Welsh B and showjumping, but there is quite a selection of search parameters.

CrazyMare

Visit site
There was a lady that used to come on here who had performance B's. I think the stud was in Lincolnshire or Leicestershire?
Newfies may throw too much bone, if the OP doesn't want a connie NFs are very similar.

I think you are thinking of Penny Walster - Bathley Hill Farm Stud https://www.facebook.com/bathleyhillfarmstud/

Alternatively, I would consider

Bernwode Brokat or his son Bernwode Broadway
Jonkers Metyo
Godrics Campeggio
Belafonte D'Avalon