Pony with sarcoids passed vetting?

horseypony

New User
Visit site
Hi,
I bought a pony last year and got him vetted before buying. We noticed a small lump on the underneath of his belly and questioned at the time if this was a sarcoid. The vet said that it was definitely not.
This lump did infact turn out to be a sarcoid which has had to be removed, and another sarcoid has grown which has also had to be removed.
Is there anything I can do as I would not have bought the pony had i known about this and I feel that the vet has not carried out his duties correctly.

zoelouisem

Visit site
Sarcoids dont nessary mean a pony/horse fails a vetting its just noted down on the certificate which would mean its excluded on the insurance.
So no i dont think the vet has failed in his duties for passing the pony.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Vettings are more like passed as fit for purpose. A sarcoid on the belly won't stop him doing much. I'm surprised the vet said it wasn't a sarcoid as any lump is generally classified as such unless it's keloid tissue from an old injury, for example.

northernsoul

Visit site
when i bought my boy, i pointed out something to the vet, ( about a year and half later a sarcoid developed ) she said just keep an eye on it , it was like a splash of mud tiny, unless it really has a biopsy and off to proffeser knottemberg of liverpool,which does take time or it is developed, hard to tell .I must say my horse was treated and they never came back , and hes a great horse.