Poo picking in residential area

WeeLassie

Visit site
I think if people move to the country they should accept a country way of life. Horses on the roads (and their poo!), crowing cockerals, the smell of pigs and cattle, the local hunt on excersise....... they shouldnt expect some sort of sanitised version of thatched cottages, roses round the door and manicured lawns!! Living in the country is living in a working environment, and as such should be respected as it is by the 'townies'.

Merrymoles

Visit site
There was a letter in the parish magazine where I keep my horse about poo on the roads. To be fair, the (anonymous) writer complained that traffic had sprayed in on to the pavement, which it had, and that it was unhygienic. It is a very rural village with quite a lot of horses and the culprit could have been any one of us but actually the obviously speedy driver was probably more to blame.

However, a subsequent letter politely explained the difference between horse and dog poo and everything has been quiet ever since. We did once pull into someone's drive on a blind bend because their little boy wanted to talk to the horses and one of them immediate pooed on the drive - cue screams of laughter and little boy running into the house to tell granddad. Not sure granddad was terribly impressed but he didn't ask us to come back and collect it.

No, I won't go back and collect poo but I have modified my behaviour in that I now drive slowly through it on the way home so it's nice and flat and doesn't get sprayed anywhere :)