Poodle X's??

steph21

Visit site
Hiya,

What type shal I get??

We have 3 poodles at the moment and love them to peices! our old boy died before christmas
frown.gif
when my mum was away and she was devistated that she wasnt there for him, they were unseperable!

Its her birthday soon and me and dad are thinking of getting her a new puppy(I want a new pup to
laugh.gif
!) I was thinking a poodle cross of some sort but there are so many now im not sure which!
crazy.gif

I saw an advert for a lurcheroodle and a cockerpoo last night, which look cute, any one have a poodle X or could recomend which one??

All advice and pics would be great as pups and adults,

Thanks
Steph x
tongue.gif

deja224

Visit site
Im a dog walker and pet sitter and i have a poodle x bichon frise to look after most days it doesnt malt and so loving they have fleese like hair there called 'poochon'

c7mlm

Visit site
i have a yorkiepoo. he is 18yo and no bigger than a cat. he has been the most amazing dog. has lived with greyhounds, border collie, and cats. only thing with him is he eats money. he has had £10, £20, notes in his lifetime. he cost me £150 all them years back but he has probably eaten the equivalent since as well
shocked.gif

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
Why not get a pedigree poodle from a respected breeder?

Then you will be able to ensure the parents have had all of the heath checks and are less likely to carry any genetic defects?

That way - you are ensuring that the puppy you buy has the best possible chance of being healthy living a long happy life
smile.gif

surely that would be better than giving money to irresponsible breeders or puppy farmers selling 'designer cross breeds' just to make money
confused.gif

Or if you want a cross - why not go to a rescue?
smile.gif

Sorry - don't mean to be a downer - but is something I feel strongly about
frown.gif

steph21

Visit site
Widget,I no what you mean about designer dogs and I agree with you completly, I dont even really like toy poodles as they were never ment to be breed that small, a friend had one that broke its jaw eating a biscuit!

maybe a rescue is an idea and like you said alot better than paying the amount of money they are advertised for!

Yorkipoos are cute tho, but a bit to dinky for me, xx

spaniel

Visit site
I adore poodles (all sizes) and we once had a cocker poodle cross. She was a fabulous little dog and we all loved her to bits. She was chocolate brown and didnt moult (bonus of having poodle breeding). She lived to nearly 20.

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
That's so sad - breaking its jaw
frown.gif

I think Yorkipoos are cute too
smile.gif
I even quite like labradoodles
grin.gif

But I don't see why people would pay such high prices for a puppy that probably comes from un-health-checked parents - cos they don't need to do the check - cos the KC wouldn't register them anyway... ho hum...

Rescue might be a good idea
smile.gif
maybe there is a possible rescue that also has cross breeds
laugh.gif

I didn't mean to sound grumpy - whatever puppy will be lucky to go to a good home like yours xx

Stella

Visit site
I must say I'm for the pure bred too
smile.gif
I have two standards, they are 7 this year and the most fabulous dogs I have ever known. I simply couldn't imagine not having poodles now
smile.gif

If you want to give your Mum some variety in her gift, why not go for a poodle in a colour she hasn't had before?

ShadowFlame

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I dont even really like toy poodles as they were never ment to be breed that small, a friend had one that broke its jaw eating a biscuit!

[/ QUOTE ]

The same can be said for Chihuahuas. The breeder I got my Chow girl off had taken in a Chi from a friend, and he had managed to break both front legs by simply running round like a normal dog
frown.gif
Poor guy was in such a state. It seems like with some breeds, breeders just go too far.