poohing ettiquette

Simbacat

Visit site
I went to Newlands Corner today with my hubby and luckily he suggested we shouldn't stop just outside the shop but a little away on the grass. So while we were having an ice cream the inevitable happened and both our horses did really big poohs right beside some sweet members of the public who were sitting and relaxing and enjoying a nice sit down on a beautiful day. What to do? No such thing as horsey doggy bags. Would you be bothered??:)

SillyFilly

Visit site
Truthfully, I'd be mortified...not that theres any laws and as you say, unless you carry marigolds and a pocketful of carrier bags, what exactly are you supposed to do with it?

The Ladaus

teasle

Visit site
If next time you go you cross over the path that leads to the loos and walk on a bit there is a table you can sit at while the horses graze that is a bit more out of the way.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Oh the joys.

A friends horse did one on a hack, the biggest and smelliest, only he did it when I was sat in my girl and holding him waiting for my friend who'd nipped into the Spar shop. We were on the carpark bit.... She scrapped it all into the gutter!

firstponyMinto

Visit site
My old cob did this to me once.
Half way round our village I had to get on the path out of the way of the biggest lorry I'd ever seen! & he did an enormous poo right in the middle of the path! I was mortified.
I went back after the ride with a bucket & gloves & picked it all up, hoping no-one had seen him do it!!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
My pony empties the tank right outside my neighbours house every time I ride her out! We are in the country and it's a farm track and I am not picking it up but I do feel I should apologise lol

Natch

Visit site
Oh and hubby's horse did a big wee as well:confused::(

What were the public's reactions?

Try a glorious summers day and you stop at the local pub that knows you and your horse so well they come out and serve you outside. Everyone in the beer garden in front of the pub. Gelding waits a few minutes until everyone is admiring him, gets into position and does a big huge long wee with accompanying grunts of satisfaction! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Much mirth from the men at the pub, who are transfixed on the size of his boy bits :rolleyes::eek:

Last edited:

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
We went to the pub on christmas day once with my last horse, (we'd just got engaged, and were all dressed up like santa - sorry I digress), and while we had our champers, horse did a HUGE ***** right outside the entrance to the restaurant..........just in time for posh diners...... we managed to borrow a shovel, but the mark was still there. = hasty exit ;)

Fransurrey

Visit site
I know exactly where you mean, OP, lol! If it was my I would have got off and kicked the poo somewhere more convenient and muttered something about 'nature calling' and 'bloody horses'. Not a lot you can about the wee, though, except hide your head inside your jacket, if you're wearing one!! :D

Merrymoles

Visit site
Until recently we lived near a touristy village on a steep hill. Driving in to go to the bank one day, I saw two women riding who were nearly at the top of the hill, when one of their horses (a big chunky cob) decided to have a wee. Cue torrents of wee flowing down the hill towards all the coach trippers and accompanying sound effects. It reminded me so much of my old boy who also used to pick the most awkward spots that I was laughing my head off and had to stop and sympathise.

JenHunt

Visit site
whilst Tom rarely poos in public, he almost always has a wee on a hack. He likes to go right by the benches that are on the verges at the top of the hills round here!

Ron however has a particular dislike of one particular house in the village, and frequently tries to block them in with a line of poo as we go past! :eek: serious mountainous bollards of poo, right across their drive. You'd be hard pressed to put in a straighter line of cones! :)

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Mine always stops for relieve herself....even riding down the main road she will halt...then poop which is rather awkward when theres traffic behind!