Poor Entries??!!

connie1288

Visit site
I know we all wondered the affect of the credit crunch on the entries and that they have been down at some events, however they suddenly seem to have taken a dive.
Last year Little Downham ran 3 days and balloted i think, so far this year they have 282 entries and they ballot tomorrow!!
Brigstock has 694 entries for 3 days and the ballot date was last wednesday!! I know Brigstock clashes with Tattersalls in Ireland so has lost some pros.

But thoughts and ideas of the sudden drop in enrties??!!

Gamebird

Visit site
I'm not sure what Floors is usually like but we're well past the ballot date and there are 23 IN entries and 17 NRF. The OI still has under 20 too I think, normal Inter 40ish.

AutumnRose

Visit site
I was just looking at the entries for Ascott under Wychwood as it ballots tomorrow...or not i think!! CAn't believe how few entries there are. Looks like i didnt need my sticker then! I then went on LD to compare as they are same weekend and thought exactly the same thing.....entries look way down.

Credit crunch do we think or maybe the lack of rain means people are worried about the ground....???

connie1288

Visit site
I am worried about the ground but you have to enter as rain can come in a few days, also Little Downham is meant to be one of the better places for ground!!

AutumnRose

Visit site
That was my thinking which is what confused me....am almost wishing i had entered LD instead of AUW as ground is always good at LD...though i dont like it much in general. Still it could rain loads between now and then.....interesting to see if it changes throughout season or if this just a random weekend!!