Poor horse, weather forecast rant

Miss L Toe

Visit site
OK it has been raining all day, and I would normally bring him in to let feet dry out, but forecast was to improve, at 8.00 pm it went massively dark and Thunder and Lightening, local forecst showed moderate rain stopping at 9.00 pm, it is still battering down, I hope he is OK, no shelter, I would have put a rainsheet on.
The local forecast now showing weather alert, a bit late for that!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
It told us that the weather was going to get better here as well tonight, but at 9pm, me and OH went to the yard in the driving wind and rain to get mine in - first time they've been in since the beginning of May. The rain was absolutely torrential. Mine are BF too so I also thought it would be a good chance to get their feet dry. I was wearing PJs and wellies - not a good look!

Our forecast is dry tomorrow, so hopefully the fields can dry up a bit.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Managed to get out for a quick hack when the rain stopped tonight. Fed up with it!

Investing in a lightweight turnout for my pony so I can keep her dry for riding.

mandwhy

Visit site
Don't worry it is quite warm still! We had some crazy flash floods and storms the other day, was just about to go get him ready for a hack too which would have been interesting!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Twice a couple of weeks ago, my area was forecast with heavy and persistant rain (up to amber rain warning) so I rugged my old girl up and we didn't get a single drop. Luckily she isn't very lively these days so wasn't in too much danger of being boiled in the bag, but she hates being rugged and had to put up with it for hours for no good reason.

charleysummer

Visit site
forecast was good for my area, got the rainsheets on over night.. but its now boiling and I can't get to the yard for another hour to get them off! :( they are only no fill sheets but they will still get hot, hope they use their brains and stand inthe shade (the boys will, but my mare is a bit stupid)

Cuffey

Visit site
SEPA put out flood alert on Sunday when the sun was shining.............

River broke its banks about 5pm yesterday, rain stopped but restarted after dark, horses did not want in.

Can see where they spent the night--high and relatively dry underfoot and were just sauntering back down the grazing at first light.

Admit I did not sleep well--prefer them inside when river flooding

Emilieu

Visit site
Yes, near the coast SW of Glasgow.

Oh i'm near there too. By the time I got to my boy after work the stream in his field had flooded and I couldn't ask him to walk over a bridge neither of us could see! So i couldn't even bring him in to dry off and get his rain sheet on :( felt rotten and woke at four am worrying about him.

Got got in a downpour out on a hack on Saturday - was soaked right through to the skin! Ordered a ride on saddle cover yesterday and will be looking out my waterproof trousers for future rides, wet pants did not make for a comfortable drive home!