Poor Horse :(

B_2_B

Visit site
Latest news is that he never went to WHW, a field officer visited with a vet and they decided he was too poor to move and he was PTS then :(
Owner is to be prosecuted and I hope they don't get off lightly.
RIP Our Harry :(

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Latest news is that he never went to WHW, a field officer visited with a vet and they decided he was too poor to move and he was PTS then :(
Owner is to be prosecuted and I hope they don't get off lightly.
RIP Our Harry :(

That is VERY good news.

Poor animal.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Very sad, but too poor to move? How much was the distance to be travelled, do you think if he had been rehomed somewhere closer the decision would have been different? Good outcome for the owner, not for the horse rip :(

Apologies if nearby.

Ladydragon

Visit site
The poor lad... It all seems a bit of a muddle as I've seen posts saying he was going to EMW, WHW, a private retirement home...

Definitely, just hope he gets the maximum penalties!

Probably a community order or max 12 weeks custody... IF it goes anywhere...

Bah humbug... :mad:

rhino

Visit site
Very sad, but too poor to move? How much was the distance to be travelled, do you think if he had been rehomed somewhere closer the decision would have been different? Good outcome for the owner, not for the horse rip :(

It's not an unusual decision in my experience. At least this one was pts and not just left (very bad experience with RSPCA deciding a horse was 'too ill to travel' and instead leaving the mare to her fate :mad: :( )

Brandy

Visit site
Poor horse - advert was taken off before I could look but guess if WHW said too poor to move then he certainly was. What an awful shame. But still, there are worse fates for a horse than pts, at least he will not suffer now.

B_2_B

Visit site
Sorry guys, looks like the horse that was PTS was another TB in Wales called Harry, so people got mixed up and thought it was this one.

Doesn't seem like anyone knows where "Our Harry" is now =/

CracklinRosie

Visit site
Confusion would appear to reign!

The horse in this advert is not called "Our Harry" but "Step on Eyre", stable name, Harry!

Unfortunately, he was pts and the mand who placed the advert is the subject of a WHW investigation.

:-(

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I'm sure this is the horse who was put on horse chit chat, if it is he got homed to a lady who who is keeping people updated and reported the owner to whw as all the others were in a bad state

kirstyl

Visit site
I wonder if those happy owners are aware of his decline. Breaks my heart.

Exactly! This horse won over £70k for his owners with well known jockeys. And that's how he's repaid. I didn't see the advert as it had already been removed. Do we know his fate now?
I took on my horse (an ex racer who had raced in Hong Kong and in UK) in an appalling state 2 years ago, a few weeks more and we don't think he would have still been alive. God, it's a horrible world. But my horse is with me for life - after what he's been through and how hard he's trying in his work, he's definitely earned a lovely existence