poor little girl

siani1989

Visit site
went to a show today around my area- and was watching working hunter pony - there was this girl no older than 5 on this pony and her mum was yelling and her in middle of ring sayin ''BLOODY LEG ON'' girl started crying and mother was just shouting at her sayin get over the bloody fence- she couldnt jump this little girl she was getting left behind and socking pony in mouth - hence last jumped pony over jumped and little girl came flying off- bad fall- mother went after pony and lef ther daughter on floor - i think its awful how she was yelling at her when she obviously didnt want to do it
sorry rant over

E_Lister

Visit site
Poor girl! I don't think that kind of behaviour is uncommon though, I remember the talk of the pony club at one point was a parent who hit their child with it's riding crop for falling at a jump (once pony was caught) because they had spent a lot of money on the pony and if the child couldnt control it it serves them right.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Seen all too often I'm afraid
frown.gif
mad.gif

Scribbles

Visit site
Kid'll only end up resenting mother, resenting horses, and dropping out of the horse world. She'll get what she deserves.

Booboos

Visit site
Some parents are nuts! I was watching XC at unaffiliated level but about 3.3" which is a decent height and a young girl got eliminated in a reverse corner (it was an awful fence and I am not sure anyone should have been asked to jump it the wrong way round but there you go). Her mother screamed at her, swore at her and kept at her until the girl had tried to jump the fence another 13 times, when the horse finally went over it. I don't know why the fence judge allowed it!

devilinajar

Visit site
Poor little thing, do you get the feeling the mother is trying to live through her daughter. I Hate pushy parents!!

D

Donkeymad

Seen this so often, it is rather sad and upsetting. Poor little girl and poor pony.

SnowPhony

Visit site
Poor little girl!

As a child I had a fab jumping pony called Bouncer on loan. I used to compete him most weekends and until I got him my mum wasn't all that into the horses. Once I started competing however she was like a woman possessed.

I remember once she bulliled me into the ring for WHP class, while I was suffering from a migrane and couldn't see. She thought I was fibbing and threatened to send him back to his owners if I didn't jump. Stewards let my instructor come in the ring and literally call out instructions so I knew where I was going and where the jumps were.

Mum still justifies her behavior to this day (I was 11 at the time and I'm now 23!) because we came second....but still tells me if I hadn't been such a wimp and ridden properly we'd have won the class. Bloody mothers!