Poor little mite :-(

Surreydeb

Visit site
Tbh he looks like a normal yearling to me. Could do with a little extra weight but better a little skinny than too fat. Seen much worse!

Moomin1

Visit site
From the pics I wouldn't really say he's in that bad a condition tbh. Pics may be decieving though.

JingleTingle

Visit site
Apart from being a little ribby I cant see much of a problem TBH? I cant imagine that any organisation would be inclined to respond to your complaint based on those pictures alone? What are you basing your concerns on?:confused:

Miss-rose

Visit site
I know them field shelters lol. This is kasper he belongs to a friend of a lady I teach, I've only met him once but that was only a couple of week ago and I can tell u for a fact that he is not a neglect case

HowenEdward

Visit site
He just looks like a growing, slightly gangly yearling :confused:
He won't have that much tone or muscling if he isn't being worked under the saddle and he looks perfectly happy despite being a tad bony.

Bikerchickone

Visit site
My lad looked exactly like this when I got him and I must admit I didn't think too much of it. As someone else said far better to be slightly underweight than a lot overweight.

Yes I'd probably look at gradually putting more weight on him through ad lib hay and sensible feeding but in all honesty I've seen far far worse. I think he's quite sweet. Good thing I'm miles away ;)

ItsJem

Visit site
You would think the same about my yearling then. She has ablib grass, a high fibre hard feed a day and is wormed... She is just gangly and babyish.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I'd rather see a lean youngster than a fat one. You can do so much damage to their legs by over feeding them as the bones can grow too fast for the tendons.

Amaranta

Visit site
Would much rather see a yearling looking like this than overweight! Looks like a nice boy tbh.