Poor little pup... so fed up.

HeatherAda

Visit site
Me again
frown.gif

Darcy's tummy didn't settle at all over the weekend and yesterday she started dragging her bottom along the floor and looking very uncomfortable. Woke up this morning and the wound from her op was weaping too. Definitely wasn't last night, as I check it about every 10 mins
blush.gif
. So back to the vets we went this morning.

The wound has a small infection, and because of her upset tum the glands at her bottom were blocked. She's on antibiotics now which should see her right again, but had to let the vet unblock the glands which seemed quite painful for her. Poor puppy
frown.gif
I can't wait for this to be over and done with and then she can get back to running around off lead, and being her happy little self again.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Poor pup. It is so sad when they aren't their usual selves isn't it. Hope the antibiotics do the job. Buffy was back at the vets again this morning too! She has started chewing at the wound on her tail and it is opening up
frown.gif
Have tried her in a buster collar but she freaks out when it is on and bashes her tail and makes it worse. It is so frustrating. It is in such an awkward place, every time she sits down it puts pressure on the stitches
frown.gif
Fingers crossed both our girls start healing soon.

HeatherAda

Visit site
Sorry!

she is much much better today. After only a day on the antibiotics the wounds is almost back to how it was before she got the infection, and her tummy is settling (she had an upset tum when we brought her home so I think she's a bit sensitive). Didn't mean to worry you about your own pups. I think she's fed up feeling a little uncomfortable, but Monday is not far off now. Can't wait
smile.gif

HeatherAda

Visit site
Thanks MM. Luckily we haven't had to use the collar as she's shown no interest in the stitches. I think she'd freak at it too.

Hope Buffy learns to leave her tail alone and can let it heal!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Well poor Buff is back at the vets
frown.gif
Despite having the collar on she managed to open up the wound even more, is having to have it re-stitched under anaesthetic. This is her 3rd GA in just over a month, I am sitting waiting for the phone to ring, even though I know it won't even have been done yet. Hope Darcy is feeling better today.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Well Buffy is back home again. Tail is re-stitched and she is sporting a blue tail bandage! Please keep your fingers crossed she doesn't rip at it again. They only gave her a light anaesthetic and she was wide awake when I picked her up and has eaten a small meal. All the nurses at the vets think she is lovely, its like her second home there, but I think she is glad to be back. She is following me round like a shadow.
smile.gif