Poor Peter Pumpkin - what is wrong with the youths of today?

zandp

Visit site
No their not, but it was initially reported that four youths had stolen him.

When I wrote the intial OP I didn't know how he'd died but now I know it makes me so angry.
The poor, poor people that loved him, the little girl who rode him, I feel so very sorry for them.

That wasn't in response to your title - more on OMFG I can't believe people that age would do that.

Probably affected by the gang of youth we have hanging around in summer holidays after they leave college in town and suddenly cat and pigeon deaths / blindings etc increase exponentially.

Birker2020

Visit site
That wasn't in response to your title - more on OMFG I can't believe people that age would do that.
No I know, it's okay. But I realised I had said youths at the start of my post. It really makes me concerned about what the world is coming to. My Mum reckons there's something in the tap water to make people the way they are, they used to have cruelty in the 'olden days' but not to the level we find now.

I find it so hard to believe why people have the drive to hurt and lack of empathy that they seem to have. Its totally beyond me. Makes you wonder what those offenders will be like in a few years time.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
This is a very shocking event, I really feel for the owners of both ponies. So devastating. I hope they feel the full force of the law!

On the world is more violent, studies have shown that we are less violent now. I think it is easy access to social media that makes it seem more prevalent.

zandp

Visit site
No I know, it's okay. But I realised I had said youths at the start of my post. It really makes me concerned about what the world is coming to. My Mum reckons there's something in the tap water to make people the way they are, they used to have cruelty in the 'olden days' but not to the level we find now.

I find it so hard to believe why people have the drive to hurt and lack of empathy that they seem to have. Its totally beyond me. Makes you wonder what those offenders will be like in a few years time.

Being inconsiderate and selfish seem to be increasingly popular.

eahotson

Visit site
Poor, poor pony.

Taken from FB:
Update from Lel Mayfield
Thank you so very very much to everyone who has supported us in our search for our beloved pony. We are overwhelmed by the love and support of people searching for him, sharing our posts, praying and sharing information and searching for him. We have found him but devastatingly not alive. We know that he had been taken by four ****** to an estate across the fields on the outskirts of Hull where he was last sighted. At some point he had either got away or been released. We assume that he tried to get home to his best friends but sadly could not find his way to the only small bridge across a large drain. I found him tonight whilst out searching, he had had fallen into a large tributary drain and had drowned. Our family is finding it very difficult to cope with this news. Not the way we had planned for this little one to end his 33 years. 31 of which we have owned him. My children and grandchildren are inconsolable right now. I have been inundated with messages and I'm sorry that I just don't feel able to reply to individuals tonight hence this post which is killing me to write but you all deserve to know what's happened.
So thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Many people have asked about joining forces and funding his cremation. We are deeply touched by this, but instead someone is going to set up a funding page in memory of our Peter Pumpkin and we will donate the money raised to Shetland Pony Welfare a charity close to our hearts.
So long little man. You truly were a good un. Thank you for all the happiness you brought us over so many years. Rip.
so very sorry.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Do you think there is an association between excessively violent and gory computer games and deeply disturbing real life videos on YouTube and other channels and sadistic violence against defenceless animals? Does spending hours gaming cause some sort of disassociation between virtual and real life?

cauda equina

Visit site
Do you think there is an association between excessively violent and gory computer games and deeply disturbing real life videos on YouTube and other channels and sadistic violence against defenceless animals? Does spending hours gaming cause some sort of disassociation between virtual and real life?
I thought that too
There was a radio programme on restorative justice last week; a young man had been murdered - beaten up, dumped on a road and hit by a car
The attackers (drunk and high at the time) said they thought he would be ok 'because that's what happens in video games'