poor pony for sale :(

Baloo2

Visit site
He looks ok to me :0 he's not fat, thin or poorly looking. He looks like he's having a snooze. A lot of horses endure a lot worse than being kept in a back garden playing with kids and dogs. Am I missing something?

FionaM12

Visit site
The pony looks fine to me too. It's just a rubbish photo.

It astonishes me the photos people use when trying to sell a pony. Why take a photo in which your pony is asleep, with ears hanging, from a strange angle and standing unlevel?

Mongoose11

Visit site
Well, Erm, no the pony isn't fine is it! Kept on it's own, living with dogs in a back garden full of hazards. I wouldn't say it was 'fine' at all.

TheTrotter.

Visit site
i think its more because he's living in a back garden with dogs for company, agree he doesnt look in bad nick but its not an ideal situation for the wee guy

Well, Erm, no the pony isn't fine is it! Kept on it's own, living with dogs in a back garden full of hazards. I wouldn't say it was 'fine' at all.

Where does it say he lives in the back garden?? Alot of people I know have brought their horses in the garden after a hack, or in a mini's case, maybe walked to the garden to visit the children maybe??

Mongoose11

Visit site
Where does it say he lives in the back garden?? Alot of people I know have brought their horses in the garden after a hack, or in a mini's case, maybe walked to the garden to visit the children maybe??

Erm, maybe the bit where it says 'he lives in a back garden'..... Read the advert?

FionaM12

Visit site

It does say that in the ad. I agree it's not ideal, but it's not the worst situation for a pony and as he's for sale, he won't be in the garden much longer. :)

Mongoose11

Visit site
Refer to the advert and the last three posts that confirm the advert appears to say that he lives in the back garden...with dogs.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I have three minis and one of them will leave the other two and come into the garden with my dogs. She loves being in the garden with us where she doesn't have to share our attention with her mum and half sister.

widget

Visit site
What confused me is that they said don't offer a lower price and offend them- I can't see a price on there! Maybe it's just on my phone or I've missed it!

Baloo2

Visit site
I agree its not ideal but have seen so much worse :( that wee pony is loved and looks well cared for. You should see what some have to endure :(

*sprinkles*

Visit site
The pony looks fine to me too. It's just a rubbish photo.

It astonishes me the photos people use when trying to sell a pony. Why take a photo in which your pony is asleep, with ears hanging, from a strange angle and standing unlevel?

I completely agree! I've been looking around casually for a project pony and one ad I looked at had the worst picture ever - it was a piece of fence in sharp focus with a blurry dot of a horse away off in the background. That was it! No additional shots at all. How do they think that kind of pic will attract anyone to take their ad seriously :eek:

WelshD

Visit site
He has a trampoline, sandpit and swimming pool, he may be alone but at least he wont get bored!

Joking aside - as someone else has pointed out he wont be there much longer

Thats assuming they arent asking silly money of course...

Baloo2

Visit site
I saw an ad last week with the pony in draw reins :0 Have also travelled 350 miles to see a cob that looked way worse than he did in the photo! Wasted journey :(

ameeyal

Visit site
Not ideal at all, I have visions of kids climbing all over him,dog dirt/ horse poo being trod in everywhere, no grass. I could go on.

vickyb

Visit site
Sorry, am i with Baloo2 on this, am I missing something? He looks to be in good condition, and well looked after, theres alot worse for sale out there:
- http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/horseforsale-53182.html (I know this pony does not look in bad condition, but look at the lump on his back....)
- http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/horseforsale-53200.html

When you said 'lump on his back' I scrolled to the first picture and scanned the pony's back closely for a sizeable blemish - I didn't find the 'lump' until the second picture. Yeah, definitely a lump that needs removing pronto.