Poorly ancient cat.

pistolpete

Visit site
I’m cat sitting and I leave tomorrow but bless her she was sick yesterday only a small amount. I informed owner who said she is occasionally. Nothing to worry about. Then tonight after she was fed sick again. This time all her dinner. Then she started acting like she had cystitis. In and out of litter tray. Since then around 7pm to now she’s been completely fine! Asking for food! I’ve got an appointment for her at 9am. Any ideas? Is it a UTI maybe? Or what else? So odd!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
It's so difficult with cats, they can need to throw up occasionally due to all the hair they might ingest when cleaning themselves, and I've had one cat who sometimes only occasionally, but periodically regularly, used to eat so fast she threw up the whole dinner after eating. Making it super hard to tell when she got older if she was just doing her usual eat too fast and/or too much, and throw up, or eat and throw up because something was wrong health-wise.

And only some weeks ago I was convinced Fröjdis had an UTI. She peed small pees, and often, but after I had gone to the vet clinic, and bought 2 bags of tiny plastic beads to use in a litter box to try to take a urine sample from her, as soon as I came home with them, she started peeing normally again. So even though I would never count on an UTI to clear up by itself, I've heard that they sometimes can do just that, and if Fröjdis had one, it did clear up by itself.

Fingers crossed the vets doesn't find anything wrong with the cat you're cat sitting at tomorrow's vet visit.

pistolpete

Visit site
It's so difficult with cats, they can need to throw up occasionally due to all the hair they might ingest when cleaning themselves, and I've had one cat who sometimes only occasionally, but periodically regularly, used to eat so fast she threw up the whole dinner after eating. Making it super hard to tell when she got older if she was just doing her usual eat too fast and/or too much, and throw up, or eat and throw up because something was wrong health-wise.

And only some weeks ago I was convinced Fröjdis had an UTI. She peed small pees, and often, but after I had gone to the vet clinic, and bought 2 bags of tiny plastic beads to use in a litter box to try to take a urine sample from her, as soon as I came home with them, she started peeing normally again. So even though I would never count on an UTI to clear up by itself, I've heard that they sometimes can do just that, and if Fröjdis had one, it did clear up by itself.

Fingers crossed the vets doesn't find anything wrong with the cat you're cat sitting at tomorrow's vet visit.
Thank you. She’s not done any little wees since six pm and just done a normal size one. 🤔