Poorly boy!!

CNM

Visit site
I have a horse on my yard that is normally the life and soul of the party, recently he has gone very quiet and a bit subdued but still eating ok so just put it down to the awful weather we have been having. Gave him his dinner last night and he really didn't want to know and was just stood at the back of his stable, checked him again late last night and he seemed ok but still quiet but had had a little pick of his feed.
Went out this morning he had ate his dinner, hay, drank water and had gone to the loo ok.
I put him out in the field and he seemed ok having a mad 5 minutes with the rest of the boys and generally seemed ok in himself, brought him in tonight same thing, just picking his dinner and he does seem to have a look of tiredness and just not himself.
If i can't see any improvement tomorrow i will get the vet out but just wanted to see if anyone else has a the same problem.

CNM

Visit site
his gums are a little pale, i checked them last night and they were fine but this morning pale. I've not been able to check his temperature as he can get a little kicky round his bottom!! I'm thinking a virus of some description??

CNM

Visit site
Anemia was the first thing that came into my head, he is just on a all round vitamin supplement.

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
I would try him on some red cell or SP red nutonic, its very rich in iron and helped ban when he had his virus
smile.gif