Poorly puppy

PennywithHenry

Visit site
You may remember last sunday my shih-tzu bitches suprise of 2 pups? Well the end result was 5 in total. One little bitch was stillborn, leaving 2 dogs and 2 bitches.

Everyone was checked over by the vet, all seemed ok, mum was ok, aside from being a little unsettled, and one puppy was smaller than the others.

They'll be a week old tomorrow.

Well the little bitch has rapidly gone downhill this afternoon and is currently on her way to the vets with my OH, though I think she'll be PTS. She is tiny, and really skinny too. Todays weights were a dog and a bitch at 8oz, the big bitch at 10.5oz and the tiny one at 4oz.

She was smaller at birth, though it wasn't as significant difference as now, the others have grown and gained weight, she hasn't. We tried giving her a chance, she's always in there, elbowing her way in to suckle, been lively and seemingly ok, just smaller. If she'd had difficulty feeding or seemed ill I'd have taken action before now.

I'd really started to dare believe she may be ok, coming up to the 7 day mark, it obviously wasn't meant to be.

I know it's 'life' and 'nature's way' and everything else hubbys been saying to try and make me feel better, but it's just so sad, poor little girl. I'm shocked a puppy can seem fine, then in less than an hour be limp, lying on her side making little groans.

I can't help thinking there ay be something else I could have done to save her....

piggyinablanket

stephaniegreaves.com
Aww I am so sorry, sometimes there is nothing you can do, its meant to be. At least you gave her the best chance you could. I hope she pulls through
frown.gif