Poppies.....

TheoryX1

Visit site
Lovely photo. I have to say that we did notice a hell of a lot of poppies in the fields surrounding Stonar Horse trials a couple of weeks ago.

Hippona

Visit site
No but there all loads all along the sides of the M62 near Leeds that Ive never noticed before.
Maybe the Shire is starting up a new cottage industry!!!

Must be.....all around my yard the fields are full off poppies...and its all crops too...rape, wheat etc.....looks lovely.

My farrier came last week and asked if the farmer was branching out:D:D

bluewhippet

Visit site
Not where I ride - lots in my garden though! And unfortunately with ill daughter all week, that is more of what I have been seeing..

Wanted to ask you what you did about your Arab saddle situation? I know you had problems. I am waiting for saddle fitter (another 2 weeks' still) and I can tell how unbalanced he is in the present fit. Minutest changes in his lopsided shape make the saddle unusable.

considering all options, although lovely saddle fitter will probably just arrive and flock a tiny area and everything will be fine.

RainbowDash

Visit site
I love seeing poppies - my garden is full of them - theres a facebook campaign asking people randomly plant poppie seeds fir next year - ****** to get rid of once they're in but I live them xx

Hippona

Visit site
Not where I ride - lots in my garden though! And unfortunately with ill daughter all week, that is more of what I have been seeing..

Wanted to ask you what you did about your Arab saddle situation? I know you had problems. I am waiting for saddle fitter (another 2 weeks' still) and I can tell how unbalanced he is in the present fit. Minutest changes in his lopsided shape make the saddle unusable.

considering all options, although lovely saddle fitter will probably just arrive and flock a tiny area and everything will be fine.

Well....I got a Thorowgood t4 cob.....and blow me down its bloomin marvellous!
Fits great...very secure, we've been bombing around all over the place.... I prefer it to the made to measure one, have to say. I've kept that for the day he eventually stops changing shape, if that ever happens lol.
For us, bucking in canter and jogging is when I know he's not happy with the saddle and since we got the T4 there's been none of that. I got it on trial from Saddles Direct...

Hope your daughter is ok??

lhotse

Visit site
They are my favourite flower, nothing as stunning as a field of poppies!! Poppies like disturbed ground, hence why they grow on the battlefields, so I wonder if last year's poor summer and consequential churning of the ground has gone in their favour, like it did with the buttercups. Also, modern farming initiatives are promoting the growth of flowers such as poppies and corn flowers. Long may it continue!!

bluewhippet

Visit site
Well....I got a Thorowgood t4 cob.....and blow me down its bloomin marvellous!
Fits great...very secure, we've been bombing around all over the place.... I prefer it to the made to measure one, have to say. I've kept that for the day he eventually stops changing shape, if that ever happens lol.
For us, bucking in canter and jogging is when I know he's not happy with the saddle and since we got the T4 there's been none of that. I got it on trial from Saddles Direct...

Hope your daughter is ok??

Think daughter should be at a private school where they break up 2 weeks' earlier as by the end of terms she is always a physical wreck,poor thing.
when he can't strike off in canter and just gets very hollow backed, I can tell it the saddle. Just seems to come back to saddle fit every few months. If he didn't have such a highly developed sense of fun in the school, I would try bareback but I think I'd end up very very sandy!

Hippona

Visit site
In all honesty I wouldn't dare ride mine bareback:eek:
Used to ride my old horse bareback often, and I've ridden daughters pony....but Azzy? Naaaa'...better off just cutting out the middle man and throwing myself face down on the floor:D