Poppy, haircut, agility and Buddy gets a Bow tie

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Little update on Poppy puppy. Nearly 2 now, where has the time gone :eek3:

So gawguss but so hairy, I'd groom her and she just looked like a sheep. Taking her for a walk was a nightmare as her coat just attracted everything, leaves, twigs, insects....
So booked her in for a pamper, she had to be clipped as her coat wasn't suitable for stripping. I was a bit nervous but very pleased the end result...

Before (obviously)

4B1B9ACC-B43F-4430-AF4C-9E7F31FEB4ED_zpszoabazkl.jpg

And after (again obviously) Next time I'm going to ask her to leave a little bit more on the ears and face as I love her curly ears.

45BC00B2-5D9C-48BE-A7BF-48A13DF24ABA_zps9gakad42.jpeg

We started agility back in April, she's such a high energy dog I felt she needed more than the 'usual walking' and boy does she love it :biggrin3:

She's so fast though I can't keep up but we have such a laugh. She loves the tunnel and normally climbs in as its being put out / away. The only thing she's not to keen on is the seesaw when it lands but getting there, we're now about 10 inches off the floor before the teacher lets it go !

Probably waiting for me to catch up....

F57160C4-CE4C-4DFB-BFD4-116B5ED67D1A_zps8doy9lrc.jpeg

She wasn't to keen on the A frame to start but loves it now. We found using a squeaky toy slows her down so she gets her contact points.

499CBDDA-EAF6-4650-8F2D-CE3705452EF9_zps1ugadbq2.jpeg

There's a stream next to the field we go to so her and her agility partner in crime Myrtle love to go for a cool down after.

DE93C770-7DB8-413E-A592-8D96FEB7FF76_zpsm9qwfiez.jpg

She also turned into a lorry dog, took a bit of time but she's got it sussed now, she even has her own 'Princess cushion' She's not sussed the 'Back off I'm a vicious guard dog' look just yet.....

77E18446-29CE-4C76-99B0-9F5833F3A0DA_zpsuhg6nqap.jpeg

And just so Buddy doesn't feel totally left out, I've subscribed to one of these monthly pet boxes and in last months was a Bow tie :biggrin3: He wasn't amused, took about 3lb of ham to get that picture....

45FEAD68-690F-4046-B865-D9B429B9927E_zpswk6y0nae.jpeg

chillipup

Visit site
Aww, such lovely photos C, thank you for posting. Poppy does have an incredibly gorgeous face and of course so does Buddy. They are both so photogenic.

It looks as if the groomer took Poppy's ears completely off in the second photo :eek: and l'm loving the photo of Buddy in his bow tie, even though it did cost you in ham!

Great to see Poppy enjoying her agility too, I'm hoping to have a go with my pup Tallulah when she's old enough (5 months at mo) As she's grown, so she has displayed a penchant for jumping... bless - and just last week, she finally made it to the top of the garden wall :( Looks like I'm going to have to get some additional fencing.

I'd post some more photos of my girl but I just keep getting it horribly wrong, still. When I next want to drive myself to complete and utter distraction and despair, I'll give it another crack! ;)

PucciNPoni

Visit site
She's awfully cute!

We've been doing agility training for about 18 months, only been on the Aframe a handful of times so I'm envious :)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
great pics of lovely dogs.
just noticing there are quite a lot of agility peeps on here :)

I read a thread you'd commented on earlier about agility which got my bum into gear about doing an update :smile3:

Don't think we'll be winning any prizes but she loves it and is getting to the point that I don't have to run quite as much. I'd love to see a good handler run her once everything is sussed !

Carefreegirl

Visit site
She's awfully cute!

We've been doing agility training for about 18 months, only been on the Aframe a handful of times so I'm envious :)

She was very wary at first, took a few goes but now she'll just go up and down it when we're setting up or just giving them a breather. I find I have to let her do new things at her own pace then there's no holding her back - literally !

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Aww, such lovely photos C, thank you for posting. Poppy does have an incredibly gorgeous face and of course so does Buddy. They are both so photogenic.

It looks as if the groomer took Poppy's ears completely off in the second photo :eek: and l'm loving the photo of Buddy in his bow tie, even though it did cost you in ham!

Great to see Poppy enjoying her agility too, I'm hoping to have a go with my pup Tallulah when she's old enough (5 months at mo) As she's grown, so she has displayed a penchant for jumping... bless - and just last week, she finally made it to the top of the garden wall :( Looks like I'm going to have to get some additional fencing.

I'd post some more photos of my girl but I just keep getting it horribly wrong, still. When I next want to drive myself to complete and utter distraction and despair, I'll give it another crack! ;)

Lol, luckily we have high fences as within a few weeks Poppy realised she could clear the stair gate from a stand still !

I use photobucket to post pictures.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Hopefully this'll work but on my phone so gawd knows...

First I upload the picture to photobucket

A744C0E1-5F17-4BC5-84FF-6410B80A637B_zpspc9wxuhp.jpeg

Then I click on the i button, bottom left corner and you get the next screen.

9F0EE09A-CF57-481D-A474-170B013794E2_zpsjsivwgau.jpeg

And you click on the bottom line so it goes green and says link copied.

61D86E92-1B00-4A69-8A51-2E2785E53F03_zpsbkcffz3d.jpeg

Press the curser and you get a paste sign, press paste and you get the link

9638A820-6917-47FA-8606-976EAC760635_zps0znd9hov.png

I then just delete everything before and after the
53469477-1D34-4D8F-B9C7-A3E0C7FA8411_zps1swjcnkd.png

Probably a easier way but I'm the wrong side of 40 to understand technology !

chillipup

Visit site
Thank you C. I'm sadly the wrong side of 50 and don't even own a smart phone :eek: but I have managed to get my photos into Photobucket. It's the getting it from there onto HHO that's the problem. I'll keep trying when I next feel up for another battle with this darn technology malarkey :confused: I'm sure I'll get it right....eventually :eek:

Cahill

Visit site
from photobucket, copy and paste the img code (4th one down i think,next to pic) into your post on here :)

silv

Visit site
Great to catch up with Poppy again, she looks like an otter with her new haircut. Love the photo of her behind the tunnel, looks like a dog from a cartoon! Buddy looks very smart in his bow tie.

Chiffy

Visit site
Just love a Poppy thread. thank you for posting.
Daren't tell what number I am the wrong side of, but I definitely cant post pictures. Dont even know what the jargon like 'copy and paste' means! Very sad.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Gorgeous doggies. . What breed are they?

I'd love to do agility with my pup later.

Fiona

Buddy is pure JRT, both his parents had short legs so gawd knows how his ended up so long.

Poppy is half Lakeland, then Patterdale and a bit of JRT.

We have another JRT called Rosie whose camera shy :smile3:

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Great to catch up with Poppy again, she looks like an otter with her new haircut. Love the photo of her behind the tunnel, looks like a dog from a cartoon! Buddy looks very smart in his bow tie.

Otter, can see that :biggrin3: I thought she looked like Neal, the Gogglebox sloth

chillipup

Visit site
This could be it C,...I think I may have finally cracked this posting of photos thing- Whoo-Hooo....So here's Tallulah Pumpkinface at 9 weeks when I first got her. Sorry if they're really big pics, one thing at a time...

She's grown so much...she's 5 months this week.

I've had to buy her a bigger bed ...before

After....the new bed was a hit, yes she's definitely in there!

But if you gotta stretch out, I suppose you just gotta stretch out

Yesterday

I'm going to have a glass of wine now, I think I deserve it, I'm so pleased with myself..:)