Popsicle for horse?

Trinkett

Visit site
Hello, in my area is quite hot now and I wanted to make my horse a "popsicle" to hang in the stable with carrots/apples, do you think I can also add some mash that she already eats to make it more tasty?
Thank you!

Esyllt

Visit site
Hello, in my area is quite hot now and I wanted to make my horse a "popsicle" to hang in the stable with carrots/apples, do you think I can also add some mash that she already eats to make it more tasty?
Thank you!
Hello! I have done this recently for mine, and either leave it down for her to play with, or hang it up in a munch net. I found that she would enjoy it, even if it was plain ice with tasty bits in (as that is what she was after, but the ice made it a challenge!), or I added a teeny tiny bit of juice/squash to it, with various herbs/fruit/veg frozen in for variety

Trinkett

Visit site
Hello! I have done this recently for mine, and either leave it down for her to play with, or hang it up in a munch net. I found that she would enjoy it, even if it was plain ice with tasty bits in (as that is what she was after, but the ice made it a challenge!), or I added a teeny tiny bit of juice/squash to it, with various herbs/fruit/veg frozen in for variety
Awsome, thank you! So, theres no risk of colic? I don't know why since the carrots /bits are frozen I thought it could hurt them?

Surbie

Visit site
I put about a third apple juice in mine, plus any interesting fruit my horse likes, though it goes horribly squishy when it defrosts. He gets banana slices, blackberries, raspberries, mint leaves, rosehips and blueberries frozen in a Christmas pud pot and turned out into a feed bucket when it's very hot. He is very, very pampered - though having one of these also means no other treats at all that day.