Port Lewis Saddle Fit System Impression Pad

InBalanceEquine

New User
Visit site
I'm thinking about purchasing one of these - does anyone have any experience using one?

Also wondered if anyone had one laying around they don't use as they are pretty pricey.....

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Never heard of them but just googled and it looks very interesting.

Will follow this with much interest as have had something of a lightbulb moment today with regards to why my mare is so difficult to fit a saddle to. A device like this would be perfect for testing my theory!!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes, I have one.

They do not replace a good saddle fitter, and TBH I have not used it on my own horse as he is more than capable of telling me when he needs things changing.

I use it for clients, where we think the saddle does not fit. It provides evidence, with a photo, for the client to show their saddler where pressure is.

It is "flawed" in that the fat pad affects the fit, but it does give a general guide.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
No, I teach, mainly confidence, but my aim is for people to have fun with their horses, whatever their goal.

The thing is, a lot of people who come to me with "confidence issues" actually have horses who are uncomfortable, and give an unsettled vibe to the rider. Others have gaps in their knowledge or skills, and so misinterpret what is happening.

My previous background was in training Police horses and riders, as well as competing my own horses.

BlackRider

Visit site
I got one last year, after a nightmare with saddles, and found it really useful.

(and yes I had had reputable fitters out, but it was still causing problems, so this was a very useful diagnostic aid),

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I've used one and it affected the fit so much as to make the results totally null and void. It's very thick and very unstable on wide flatter backs, might be better on higher withers or narrower shapes but I'd save my money personally.