Portable X-C jumps

Olivio

www.thekickinghorse.co.uk
Hi guys, doing a bit of market research and I thought I would get some views from everyone on here if you don't mind.

I have a lovely OH (a joiner) who makes me XC/SJ fences when I ask for them (how lucky am I!!). A friend was at the yard today and mentioned that we should sell them which got the old brain cogs turning....

I have been looking on various websites and the average cost per x-c fence seems to be around 250 pounds, which seems extortionate to me (although I do know how much materials are!). What would you guys think you'd be prepared to pay/be reasonable? Obviously it will differ per type of fence but I'm just looking at ball park figures.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

(ps I hope this isn't seen as advertising, I'm just looking for some help
crazy.gif
!!)

kerilli

Visit site
tbh it would depend how big and wide (side to side) they were. i've thought about buying them before but the ones i found were only about 8'-10' wide which just isn't wide enough for me to cruise to on a baby horse (i'll have to put too much "don't run out" steering input in, and dominate too much). so, i guess i'd need 2 identical ones side by side.
obv haulage costs would be very high too.
what i'd really really like would be detailed drawings and "how-to" diagrams, and lists of exactly what sizes and dimensions of wood, plus which bolts, nuts, screws etc to buy to make every fence, so i could get my OH (not a joiner!!!) to make them... i'd be happy to pay for this info, and obv this would mean reduced haulage costs etc etc. reasonable idea?!

Olivio

www.thekickinghorse.co.uk
Now that is a good idea! The ones I have had made so far are 4' wide x 2 so I can either have as a single fence or 2 skinnies but he was just going to make to order so you could have them how you liked. I Will def suggest the 'how to' idea to him though.