Posh holidays with horse

Barlow

Visit site
It’s a big birthday for me next year and I’d like to take my horse away for a posh hotel mini break somewhere. It needs to be somewhere that will have something to keep my husband entertained, and ideally somewhere that I can join rides out with my horse and / or school.
I have my eye on Lucknam Park as having stayed there as a child it would be a dream come true to go back with my horse but it doesn’t say whether you can take your own horse anymore.
Does anyone know of anywhere similar?
I’m well aware it will be ££££ which is why I’m asking for ideas now so I can start saving!!!
And if anyone has taken a horse to any of these sorts of places I’d welcome feedback!

sunnyone

Visit site
No idea if there are stables but my place of choice to take a horse would be Holkam bay in Norfolk. Beautiful area.
We did that many years ago, had a lovely time but like our friends, we stayed in a mobile home. We also rode from a public car park near Sandringham but got asked to leave the area by a member of the stud staff even though we were on a public road.
Tripadvisor says there are a couple of establishments offering take your horse holidays there now.

sportsmansB

Visit site
Maybe check out horsenriderbnb on facebook? They have quite a list of places, not sure how posh they are but some lovely locations

Pinkvboots

Visit site
We did that many years ago, had a lovely time but like our friends, we stayed in a mobile home. We also rode from a public car park near Sandringham but got asked to leave the area by a member of the stud staff even though we were on a public road.
Tripadvisor says there are a couple of establishments offering take your horse holidays there now.
There are a few B & B that take horses friends of mine go most years.

Barlow

Visit site
Thank you, I should have said that I’m near Bristol so Norfolk would be a very long way, and Gleneagles would be an entire week from start to finish, rather than a short break.
OH is laidback and is happy with a book or taking photos with his camera, so it needs to have somewhere for him to sit and chill out; not sure a B&B will work if they dont have public areas, I would feel bad if he was stuck in the room all day whilst I was gallivanting about!

YourValentine

Visit site
Not overly helpful as I can't remember the name, but there is a place in the Quantocks that you can take your horse and stay in a self-catering cottage. Never been but looks lovely.

humblepie

Visit site
I have used Farmstay in the past to find overnight stabling for shows rather than stable on site.

How about the New Forest? The place I stayed at years ago with my horse is no longer a hotel so can't actually recommend a place unfortunately.

meesha

Visit site
Thank you, I should have said that I’m near Bristol so Norfolk would be a very long way, and Gleneagles would be an entire week from start to finish, rather than a short break.
OH is laidback and is happy with a book or taking photos with his camera, so it needs to have somewhere for him to sit and chill out; not sure a B&B will work if they dont have public areas, I would feel bad if he was stuck in the room all day whilst I was gallivanting about!
We have been to Exmoor, lovely cottage. Horse outside the door and the owner who is lovely does guided rides on Exmoor. You can ride for miles over Exmoor with her, takes literally 2 mins to hack up road and you are on the moor. Look up Exmoor Guided Riding on Facebook. You can see the horses from the cottage and ride to tarr steps. We saw Exmoor ponies from the cottage and deer !!

He could drive to meet you at the tarr steps pub or go walking or sit outside on the patio and chill out.

meesha

Visit site
Not overly helpful as I can't remember the name, but there is a place in the Quantocks that you can take your horse and stay in a self-catering cottage. Never been but looks lovely.
Pardlestone farm, b&b or self catering (we did b&b fab breakfast). Lovely and v nice pub in walking distance. Nice patio out back to sit at.

Turnout is v hilly as is all riding but lovely.

Northern Hare

Visit site
How about the New Forest, there are some lovely hotels and I'm sure one we stayed at before had it's own stables. Also, I "think" Bovey Castle Hotel on Dartmoor had/has stables.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com

This will be what you are looking for

sunnyone

Visit site
So if OP chose the New Forest she'd be aiming for the Chewton Glen or the Rhinefield House Hotel. Both epitomise luxury.
She could then opt for any of the New Forest yards around Brockenhurst or Burley.
Timewise it's a good 2 hours 30 mins in a car, and that's without meeting any tractors or herds of cows once she's off the M4.
She should have an unforgettable time though.

4legsgood

New User
Visit site
If you look up Radio 2’s Sara Cox on Instagram, she did an amazing looking trip with liberty trails last year, staying at Bovey Castle Hotel on Dartmoor. Looked fantastic.

HopOnTrot

Visit site
Bovey Castle, we stayed there a few years ago (without horse as I was heavily pregnant) and it was lovely, I’d love to go back with the horse (and children, they did Lego room service!)

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Bedborough farm cottages in Dorset have gorgeous houses with hot tubs and they also have stables and an arena on site. We’ve stayed there several times but not with the pony 😂 lovely hacking too! It’s right on a woodland so easy access.

https://www.cottages.com/cottages/bedborough-farm-cottages-the-haybarn-ukc3334. They have 3 or 4 houses of different sizes, we’ve stayed in the parlour, dairy and this Easter we are staying in the bigger house. They are the best holiday cottages!

https://www.facebook.com/bedboroughfarmcottages to get the owners directly and ask about stables…but they also list the houses on cottages.com, hoseasons etc

DarcyPercy

Visit site
I was going to say Lucknam Park. It’s gorgeous!

I stayed there last year and you could still take your horse then (so they said).

Just seen you’re in the S/W so I third Bovey Castle. It’s gorgeous and the food is to die for. Similar to Lucknam Park in feel.

Annagain

Visit site
Gower would be lovely and fairly convenient for Bristol. There are quite a few places that do horsey B&B. Pilton Moor is one. They have self catering cottages, which might be better for your OH is he's home alone, but they're not onsite, they're in Llangennith, which is a lovely village a fw miles away with a nice pub a couple of cafes and lots of walks - or a surf school? - for OH. They have shepherd's huts onsite. https://www.piltonmoorstables.co.uk/little-hill-end-cottage/. The riding from there is amazing, both beach and up onto the hills and there's a guide you can hire to help you find the best routes.