Positive thoughts and fingers crossed please

satinbaze

Visit site
Last night I found a lump in Lily's mouth. She is my nearly 10 year old flatcoat. Unfortunately the first time I can get to see the vet I trust is Monday but if it is what I think it is a couple of days is not going to change the situation. The lump looks very like one my first flatcoat had and that unfortunately turned out to be cancer. Lily is still very lively in herself and obviously not feeling any ill effects from the lump. I have a feeling I will be needing to make some big and possibly expensive choices on Monday but will wait and see what the vet says.
So please all think positive and happy thoughts and keep your fingers crossed for my silly Lily.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Fingers crossed for you both. I had an IWS who had 2 mast cell tumours successfully removed from his mouth when he was about 9 years old. I panicked when I found a similar lump in another IWS but it turned out to be a seed which had become infected and formed some sort of cyst. Hoping for good news x

satinbaze

Visit site
Took lily to the vets and there are two options 1: a benign epilus or 2: a malignant melanoma. The vets want to remove the lump and send it for histology (once lily has finished her season as the stupid girl is mid season) this will give us the information to know how to proceed. Just got to check the insurance are ok with this.
So still need the positive thoughts. Lily sends big flatcoat licks to all her HHO friends