Possible damage from shoe?

Chippers1

Visit site
Yesterday Buzz's shoe had come away a little at the heel so contacted the farrier who was coming on weds anyway so slotted him in. Today I went to check him over and the shoe had moved so the front of the shoe (the name of which has completely escaped me!) was wedged in his white line 😱
I managed to pull the shoe (there was only one nail still holding it in) but I was wondering if/how much damage there may be to his white line? I will ask my farrier tomorrow about it but it's not something I've seen happen before so I was wondering if anyone had!

Interestingly though he walked fine over the stony gateway with the unshod foot, may be thinking of taking them off...but I do like to compete and am doing ODEs on grass so I'm not sure yet, more research needed!

Chippers1

Visit site
Yes I do! Couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called, even Google didn't help.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
lol just checking ;). shouldn't be too much of an issue depending on how long ago horse was shod (ie a fair amount of the bit that got stabbed might get trimmed off anyway).

Chippers1

Visit site
Brain freeze moment, happens a lot more frequently these days!
That's good to hear, he was shod on the 13th of April so not too close. I was worried as I've never seen it happen before, and I know with my old pony and his laminitis how fragile the hoof can be!
Thanks for putting my mind at rest 😁

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Get the farrier to remove the toe clips they don't really do much, one of my horses has shoes in front without the toe clip never caused any problems.