Possible horse...

metalmare

Visit site

metalmare

Visit site
BTW.. it's actually 13yo, 15.3. I confirmed that. A bit odd they forgot... possible dealer?

Or parent doing ad on behalf of child?

JessandCharlie

Visit site
You say they forgot? It says 12yo and 15hh, so I'm afraid you've lost me there. But as you say, very hard to see from the pics, but has a nice face, and seems a good price :)

Missed your previous post, what are you looking for?

galaxy

Visit site
It might just be he's poor.... but I'd say he looks older than 12/13.... I'd have a good look at his teeth and ask to see a passport.

Personally, although he's sweet.... he wouldn't tempt me. But the pictures are terrible

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
There are always exceptions but there's usually a reason why horses are cheap. Good, honest, sound, 15 hh, bombproof all rounders do not cost £1500. Buyer beware quite frankly.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
There are always exceptions but there's usually a reason why horses are cheap. Good, honest, sound, 15 hh, bombproof all rounders do not cost £1500. Buyer beware quite frankly.

why not? :confused:
My most recent one 2 months ago cost me just that & inc tack & a LW NZ too (but is 15.2 & 7 yrs)
Does what the previous owner said - just as in the advert.
Bombproof in traffic, trailer loads, good with farrier,easy to catch & lovely to hack on own. Also eats & ****s for england :D (was warned!) No vices except eating lots :D
Never been stabled before I brought, so no info from previous owner on this - but alls fine after taking just a couple of days to settle to routine :)

Priced for time of year & owner no longer able to keep 2

Last edited:

metalmare

Visit site
It was 2k but has been for sale for over a month... is that the time of year or something wrong with the horse?

Do you think it's a possible scam then with the phone number?

HollyB66

Visit site
It was 2k but has been for sale for over a month... is that the time of year or something wrong with the horse?

Do you think it's a possible scam then with the phone number?

No, it is the website that is the 'scam' with the phone number, you end up paying premium rates - that's all! Their excuse is "Calls to private sellers are routed through the Ad Trader Customer Protection Numbers."

Visit site
I would have to agree with 'buyer beware' most definitely! That advert is just very suspicious, not necessarily just the price.

To get the age and height wrong?? I would say there are many more for sale out there and not to be tempted by this one.

Dancing Queen

Visit site
go and see it.
IMHO i think it looks a decent sort, but you will know when you see him.
Unless any one on here is selling it then no one can really guide you and tell you if its a scam etc. I really like it.
Also ignore teh comments about the prices- bear in mind horses dont seem to be selling and its costly to keep them over the winter so perhaps they want to move it on.
go with your gut instinct xxx

metalmare

Visit site
Looks like a dealer then if they can't remember the horse's stats and they have a selection for sale despite 'daughter losing interest'.

Think I'll keep looking,

Thanks all.

HollyB66

Visit site

Sorry, I'm another vote for 'good, honest, sound, bombproof, all rounders' can cost £1500, my girl cost me £1200 last year - admittedly she is 14.3 and was 17 yo, but that included tack + rugs and she was everything (and more) that she was advertised as.

The 'reason' she was cheap was that her last owner wanted her to go to a genuine home.

The only way to find out is to go and visit, but be prepared to walk away if he isn't what you are looking for.

He looks like one of the lads on our yard, who is a good sort, but only 4-5yo.

metalmare

Visit site
Maybe I should just go and see? It's only 45 mins away.

God knows I'm having a hard job finding what I'm after; middle aged, middle height, genuine horse that isn't a kick-along and doesn't cosk 4k!

competitiondiva

Visit site
There are bargains out there to be got, I would just advise anyone to go in with their eyes open.. I agree that from those head shots he does look older than the stated age, my rising 16 year old in her winter woollys looks better, but then as said it could be a poor photo, horse in poor condition (despite saying in add, good doer!) not worked correctly in a long long time, (or never) hence no topline? So there are other possible reasons. If the horse isn't too far away AND you can take someone who can keep an impartial view AND who has knowledge of horses. Then I would say go and have a look. Make sure you are confident of being able to age the horse yourselves, tally up the passport with him. (bit hard on a grey!) if he is in poor condition be aware that once fully fit and fed up, he may be a completely different horse.

Dancing Queen

Visit site
go and have a look- its your money, your horse, i doubt any one on here will be riding her. prices vary up and down the country, so i disagree with comments about money etc.
If it was me i would be going to have a peek at her and making my own mind up. Unless they know exactly when she was born then you are guessing a horses age and even the vets get it wrong. If she is genuine and is kind then try her out xxx